Difference between revisions of "OWASP Student Chapters Program"
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
==OWASP Student Chapters Program==
==OWASP Student Chapters Program==
OWASP Student Chapters Program is.
OWASP Student Chapters Program is .
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
If you're interested in starting a College Chapter at your school, please review the rules for the College Chapter program below and then
If you're interested in starting a College Chapter at your school, please review the rules for the College Chapter program below and then the ., all we expect is that you will find a location, organize monthly meetings, learn a lot about application security, behave ethically, and have fun!
Revision as of 07:43, 16 May 2014
- List of Student Chapters
- Road Map and Getting Involved
- Summit 2011 Notes
- Meeting Notes
- Project About
OWASP Student Chapters Program
OWASP Student Chapters Program is a way to integrate passionate AppSec students. We want to create students chapters in order to organise events, meetings and have fun!
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) has local chapters around the world that help teach, learn, and inspire application security. Our College Chapters program helps to extend application security into colleges and universities worldwide. If your school has a computer science or management information systems degree, we want to start a College Chapter there.
If you're interested in starting a College Chapter at your school, please review the rules for the College Chapter program below and then send an email to the project leader Mateo Martinez, all we expect is that you will find a location, organize monthly meetings, learn a lot about application security, behave ethically, and have fun!
OWASP Student Chapters Program is free to use. It is licensed under the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license], so you can copy, distribute and transmit the work, and you can adapt it, and use it commercially, but all provided that you attribute the work and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
What is the OWASP Student Chapters Program?
OWASP College Chapter Rules
Within the chapter's actions are:
News and Events
Algeria Student Chapter
More info on the chapter's home page: OWASP Algeria Student Chapter
Ecuador Student Chapter
More info on the chapter's home page: OWASP Ecuador Student Chapter
Morocco Student Chapter
More info on the chapter's home page: OWASP Morocco Student Chapter
Greek Student Chapter
Located at Larissa, Greece, Technological Institute of Larissa,
Please visit our Main Page: OWASP Greek Student Chapter
Sweden Studen Chapter
More info on the chapter's home page: OWASP Sweden Student Chapter
UW Bothell, Washington, USA Student Chapter
More info on the chapter's home page: OWASP UW Bothell, USA Student Chapter
During the Summit 2011, we had a 'dynamic' session about the college chapter programm: http://forum.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011_Working_Sessions/Session261
Project leader responsibilities:
- maintaining list of college chapters
- being the link (whenever requested) to the OWASP community
- find OWASP members to be advisor for students during their research
College Chapter responsibilities:
- annually appoint college chapter leaders to guarantee continiuty
- follow the Chapter Handbook
- promote the college chapter inside and outside the university
- seakout for a faculty advisor
- get involved in the local chapter (if available)
- Global Membership Committee,
- create student membership for free
- including student-specific welcome package
- Create promotion material for the college chapter
- reach out to PR students for PR material
- create College Chaper competition (ask John Wilander for ideas)
- research, development, everything
- Local Chapters, support the local college chapter
- chapter meeting invitation
- Rename to student chapter
- enable seperate mailinglists per college chapter
- requesting quotes from goverment, industry and
... to promote security education at universities
- Industry / connection committee
December 18th 2011
Outcome of the meeting / goals for the student chapters to the next meeting in January 2012:
- Update your info at the Student Chapter Program:
For that, request an account for the OWASP wiki: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Special:RequestAccount
Add the following information:
- Contact details
- Goals for the student chapters:
- Organize 1 security event at your university
--> free of charge --> Set a date, so we can send out a call for paper to the OWASP Community
- To have a delegation of your student chapter at the OWASP AppSec conference nearest to you
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference -> get involved in reginal and local events
- Promote OWASP at your university!
- Be online the next meeting:
Doodle and invitation will be send out soon!
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?