| Submission Deadline
|| 15 August 2010
| Type of Contract
|| Independent Contractor.
| Job Title
|| Training Manager.
|| Must be based in London or Lisbon.
| Length of Contract
|| 3 months.
| Position reports to
|| Will be managed by OWASP Board Member Dinis Cruz and reports directly to the OWASP Board.|
| Job Purpose Summary
|| To manage OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ Training activities and to operationalise the concept of 'OWASP Academies'.|
| Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Normalization and ‘packaging’ of the OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ events so that they can easily be executed by the local OWASP Chapters:
- Creation of the ‘OWASP Training Pack’ (book + pdf + dvd) with the materials developed by successful deliveries of OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ events.
- Establishment of working relationships with ‘OWASP friendly’ Universities:
- Starting with the OWASP Chapter-lead training courses, but with a view to evolve those courses into OWASP ‘Academies’.
- Negotiate potential sponsorship opportunities for the OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ events.
- Logistical organization of OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ training activities:
- Multiple individual OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ training events;
- (Try to) Organize a ‘OWASP Tour’ of 20x training events in Oct/Nov 2010 (with US trainers).
- Work closely with multiple OWASP Committees, namely on:
- OWASP Chapters Committee: the ‘soft’ (for now) requirement to implement the OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ training courses;
- OWASP Education Committee namely: development and packaging of OWASP Training materials and the development of the ‘OWASP Academies concept’;
- OWASP Connections Committee: namely with its efforts to expose the development community to OWASP Training materials;
- OWASP Projects Committee: creating Training materials from Key OWASP Projects.
| Minimum Skills Requirements
- Experience in wiki edition, project management, education, deal making, customer relationships.
- Should ideally be a senior professional.
| Independent Contractor Payment
|| 3,000 USD/month - 3 months contract.
| Operational Budget
|| 6,000 USD for conception and production of marketing materials and travel expenses.