Difference between revisions of "OWASP Project Manager Activity Reports/July 08 2013"
(Created page with "== OWASP Projects Manager Report == ==== Work accomplished since May 13, 2013 ==== *'''Project Numbers''' **Active Projects: 154 **Inactive Projects: 67 *'''New Incubator P...")
Revision as of 16:38, 2 July 2013
OWASP Projects Manager Report
Work accomplished since May 13, 2013
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 154
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New Incubator Projects
- Project Applications
- VCR Project
- Windows Binary Executable Files Security Checks
- Wordpress Security Checklist
- Simple Host Base Incidence Detection System
- Chat Application
- Supporting Legacy Web Applications in the Current Environment
- Projects Under Review
Project Manager Q2 2013 Objectives
- Identify and target 5-7 specific grants to pursue for 2013.
- Develop Brand Usage Guidelines for Projects.
- Need for consistent documentation of guidelines (similar to How To Host a Conference) that can apply to various events and venues.
- Volunteer Management - identification of skills and supervision required to engage volunteers productively.
- Ongoing Objectives for 2013
- Work with Project leaders to reach grant required milestones - ONGOING
- Develop a project charter outlining appropriate grant revenue spending and grant required milestones. - DUE IN SEPTEMBER - ONGOING
- Oversight of Marketing and Graphic Design deliverables (Phase 3) provided by 3rd party contractor
Currently Working On
- OWASP Projects at AppSec Conferences 2013
- Planning continues for the project event modules for AppSec USA 2013.
- I continue to work with our project summit participating leaders to work out costs and logistics for their attendance.
- I am in the process of putting together our project leader workshop materials.
- The workshop will be a 45 - 50 minute interactive presentation for current and potential OWASP Project Leaders.
- It will take place at the AppSec USA 2013 conference in New York.
- I will continue to provide support to the local event planning team for AppSec EU, as needed.
- Women in Security: AppSec USA 2013
- The team has finished a first draft of the Sponsorship Document.
- The plan is to reach out to different organizations for sponsorship.
- You can find more information on the AppSec USA website.
- We are currently attempting to raise $3,000.00 for each winner.
- We plan on having 2 winners for 2013.
- The total amount we are requesting is $6,000.00 to cover conference fee, training fee, travel and accommodation for both winners.
- We are working hard to make this a possibility for our 2 potential winners.
- Determining Active Project Status
- This is a status update on this initiative.
- I am reaching out to each leader individually to confirm these pieces of data for all 154 projects.
- Flagship projects are completed.
- Labs are completed.
- Incubator projects are now in the 3rd phase of 4 phases.
- European Commission Grant Opportunity: Proposal Status
- Seba and I have finished our work on the OWASP section of the European Commission grant proposal.
- The grant opportunity has the potential to help a hand full of OWASP projects with resources and funds.
- Seba and I presented our internal proposal to proceed to the Board of Directors and it was approved.
- The proposal has now been submitted to the European Commission.
- We expect to hear back from the EU Commission with a decision towards the end of 2013.
- Technical Project Advisory Roles
- I am currently on the 1st stage of the interview process for each candidate.
- I created job descriptions for each role, and those roles were posted for over a month.
- We had a good amount of candidates apply for each role.
- I have sent out e-mails asking each candidate to answer 3 questions regarding their interest in these roles.
- I will reach out to those individuals that responded to my request by this week.
- Marketing Phase 3 Update
- The marketing deliverables are going smoothly.
- There is quite a bit of work to be done during this phase as this is where the back and forth approval process takes place.
- The Ops Team is diligently working on this phase with Sisterworks Publishing and Design Foundry.
- At the moment, we are working on finalizing the copy for several pieces of collateral that are scheduled to be designed.
- Phase 1 Deliverable
- Phase 2 Deliverable
- Note: Phase 2 Deliverable has recommendations made by Sisterworks and Design Foundry based on their research.
- We are not necessarily moving forward with these recommendations towards implementation.
- Sisterworks and Design Foundry are helping with our brand consistency and collateral design.
- Strategic Goals Presentation
- Ludovic petit has requested that we put together a presentation that the community can use to communicate our 2013 Strategic Goals.
- Sarah and I have put together a first draft of the deck.
- We plan to add to it over the coming weeks to make certain we encompass the thinking behind each goals for this year.
- 2013 Strategic Goals draft
- Personal Development
- I am currently reading Board Member Orientation: The Concise and Complete Guide to Non-Profit Board Service by Michael E. Batts.
- I am still taking my online course from Coursera.
- The course topic is Information Security and Risk Management in Context.
- I am currently in week 6 of the course.
- Additionally, I am going to take a week long course in late June in the UK.
- The course topic is Intellectual Property Strategy.
- I will write a report on my learnings for the community after the course ends.
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- OWASP Development Guide Plan
- OWASP Testing Guide Plan
- OWASP Code Review Guide Plan
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- Amount: $30,000 USD
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,000 USD in Adwords Funds
- Status: We will discuss possible solutions during our Mid-Term (6-12 month) marketing planning.
- Note: There is no link to show the proposal for this grant. There was a form that was submitted to Google, and we did not receive a record of this form.
- European Commission Grant Proposal
- Amount: €250,000
- Status: This proposal has been completed and submitted.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 USD for 2013.