OWASP Project Manager Activity Reports/January 14 2013
Revision as of 10:10, 14 January 2013 by Samantha Groves
OWASP Project Manager Report
Work accomplished since December 10, 2012
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 124
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New Incubator Projects
Project Manager Q1 2013 Objectives
- Continue grant funding research: Target $150 K in 2013.
- Finalize and Implement New Project Infrastructure processes.
- Coordinate OSS and OWASP Track documentation, guidelines, and processes as they apply to Global AppSec Conferences. (Ongoing for 2013)
- Increase Sales Force use for project management.
- Complete and Launch Projects page.
- Finalise the Project Leader Handbook.
Currently Working On
- Grant Opportunities Recap & Updates
- Guidebooks Proposal: We are in the process of invoicing for this grant award. We will be given the funds in 3 instalments over the course of the project.
- Amount: $25,000
- ESAPI Proposal: Deb, our DHS representative, has let me know that this proposal is still under review.
- Amount: $25,000
- Google Grants: We have been accepted into the Google Grants scheme. I am waiting to hear back from the Google for Non-Profits team for confirmation of the award.
- Amount: $120,000 a year in Google Adwords Money
- ModSecurity Proposal: Ryan and I are working together to develop the first draft of the proposal.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- We have now selected our two OPT speakers.
- Dennis Groves: OWASP AppSensor the future of Application Security.
- Jim Manico: Using ESAPI for Java to Build Secure Web Applications.
- They are both registered, and have their travel arrangements sorted.
- New Project Web Page
- The new Project Page design is now complete.
- Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
- I have received great feedback from the OWASP Board. Thank you.
- I will send this out to the Leader's List today after our call.
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is almost complete.
- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
- I plan to make this live with the Projects Page.
- Simon Bennetts is presenting ZAP.
- We have been successful with our stand application.
- Seba and Martin Knobloch will be helping coordinate the OWASP stand.
- Event: February 2nd & 3rd, Brussels, Belgium.
- We are working together to get OWASP branded material for the event.
Important GPC Meeting Outcomes and Discussion Points
- GPC Meeting: November 16 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: November 30 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: December 07 2012 Project Manager Report
- Part-Time Project Support Volunteer Role for Guidebook Projects: The final applicant count was 14 volunteers. I am currently processing the applications, and I will allocate roles come next week.
- FOSDEM: The application for a stand was submitted this week. If we get the stand, Seba and Martin K. will manage it for OWASP.
- Nishi: Will touch base with Matt Tesauro regarding the wiki file size requirement.
- Question for Justin: Have you spoken to James Greenberg from AppSec Labs? Have they come to a decision regarding their license choice, and whether they are choosing to continue as an OWASP Project?
- Question: Do we have criteria that measures whether a project is active or not?: Answer: The OpsTeam is working on creating an e-mail through Salesforce that will ask all current 'Active' project leaders to give us a status update. Additionally, it will give them an opportunity to update their information.
- Active Project Criteria: We discussed the idea of requiring project leaders to send us an update every six months, or annually. The aim is to make sure a project is still active.
- Project Update required information would be something along the lines of: Update the wiki with links and announcements, a summary of what you have accomplished, and a summary of your future plans.