OWASP Project Manager Activity Reports/February 11 2013
Revision as of 11:30, 11 February 2013 by Samantha Groves
OWASP Project Manager Report
Work accomplished since January 14, 2013
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 129
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New Incubator Projects
- Project Announcements
Project Manager Q1 2013 Objectives
- Continue grant funding research: Target $150 K in 2013.
- Finalize and Implement New Project Infrastructure processes.
- Coordinate OSS and OWASP Track documentation, guidelines, and processes as they apply to Global AppSec Conferences. (Ongoing for 2013)
- Increase Sales Force use for project management.
- Complete and Launch Projects page.
- Finalize the Project Leader Handbook.
Currently Working On
- Grant Opportunities Recap & Updates
- Guidebooks Proposal: We are still waiting for the first payment.
- Amount: $25,000
- ESAPI Proposal: This proposal is still under review.
- Amount: $25,000
- Google Grants: We have been awarded this grant. Working on developing strategies to implement/use these funds.
- Amount: $120,000 a year in Google Adwords Money
- ModSecurity Proposal: This proposal is now complete, and it has been submitted and accepted by DHS
- Amount: $30,000
- OWASP Static Analysis Tools Funding Opportunity: DHS
- There is a possibility of funding some of our Static Analysis tools.
- The interested party is a different department within the DHS.
- I am currently in talks with the DHS representative responsible for these initiatives.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013 so far.
- New Project Web Page
- The web page has been launched.
- It has replaced the OWASP Projects Page
- I am focusing on updating and maintaing our projects page at least twice a week.
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is now live.
- Users can download it on the Projects Web Page.
- FOSDEM went very well for the Event team in Brussels.
- The flyers went down very well.
- Simon's presentation on ZAP went very well according to attendees.
- The OWASP representatives at the event mentioned that many developers were not aware of OWASP.
- It is suggested we attend more events like these for outreach.
- Preparation for London BSides
- Fabio Cerullo and I had a conversation about flyers and Schwag for this event.
- We are still in the process of creating, and sourcing items for this.
- Security BSides London
- Guidebooks Project Management
- The Guidebooks Projects have now begun their work.
- We are using a collaborative Gantt chart tool to manage our work flow.
- Start Date: February 4th 2013
- End Date: June 4th 2013
Important GPC Meeting Outcomes and Discussion Points
- GPC Meeting: December 14 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: December 21 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: December 27 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: January 04 2013 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: January 11 2013 Project Manager Report
- Part-Time Project Support Volunteer Role for Guidebook Projects: The final applicants have been chosen. Cristhian Fabia: Testing Guide; Larry Conklin: Code Review Guide; Dulan Dhana: Development Guide.
- I will not have any scheduled GPC meetings for the rest of January. These meetings will be replaced by the OWASP Initiatives Meetings.
- Keith suggested that we should try the initiatives meetings for the month of January, and then decide whether we wish to meet more regularly come February. I agree. This is the plan. Please make sure you join the Initiative Meetings for Projects related updates and news.
- Projects Handbook 2013- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft. I plan to make this live with the Projects Page.
- Keith suggested we develop a project requirement that will identify a project's maturity level both visually and within their documentation.
- I tasked myself with developing a template, visual branding, and review criteria to meet this need as I feel it is a very important distinction to make between our projects.