OWASP Project Manager Activity Reports/February 11 2013
Revision as of 10:58, 11 February 2013 by Samantha Groves (Created page with "== OWASP Project Manager Report == ==== Work accomplished since December 10, 2012 ==== *'''Project Numbers''' **Active Projects: 124 **Inactive Projects: 67 *'''New Incubat...")
OWASP Project Manager Report
Work accomplished since December 10, 2012
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 124
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New Incubator Projects
Project Manager Q1 2013 Objectives
- Continue grant funding research: Target $150 K in 2013.
- Finalize and Implement New Project Infrastructure processes.
- Coordinate OSS and OWASP Track documentation, guidelines, and processes as they apply to Global AppSec Conferences. (Ongoing for 2013)
- Increase Sales Force use for project management.
- Complete and Launch Projects page.
- Finalize the Project Leader Handbook.
Currently Working On
- Grant Opportunities Recap & Updates
- Guidebooks Proposal: We are in the process of invoicing for this grant award. We will be given the funds in 3 installments over the course of the project.
- Amount: $25,000
- ESAPI Proposal: Deb, our DHS representative, has let me know that this proposal is still under review.
- Amount: $25,000
- Google Grants: We have been accepted into the Google Grants scheme. I am waiting to hear back from the Google for Non-Profits team for confirmation of the award.
- Amount: $120,000 a year in Google Adwords Money
- ModSecurity Proposal: Ryan and I are working together to develop the first draft of the proposal.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- We have now selected our two OPT speakers.
- Dennis Groves: OWASP AppSensor the future of Application Security.
- Jim Manico: Using ESAPI for Java to Build Secure Web Applications.
- They are both registered, and have their travel arrangements sorted.
- New Project Web Page
- The new Project Page design is now complete.
- Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
- I have received great feedback from the OWASP Board. Thank you.
- I will send this out to the Leader's List today after our call.
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is almost complete.
- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
- I plan to make this live with the Projects Page.
- Simon Bennetts is presenting ZAP.
- We have been successful with our stand application.
- Seba and Martin Knobloch will be helping coordinate the OWASP stand.
- Event: February 2nd & 3rd, Brussels, Belgium.
- We are working together to get OWASP branded material for the event.
Important GPC Meeting Outcomes and Discussion Points
- GPC Meeting: December 14 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: December 21 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: December 27 2012 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: January 04 2013 Project Manager Report
- GPC Meeting: January 11 2013 Project Manager Report
- Part-Time Project Support Volunteer Role for Guidebook Projects: The final applicants have been chosen. Cristhian Fabia: Testing Guide; Larry Conklin: Code Review Guide; Dulan Dhana: Development Guide.
- I will not have any scheduled GPC meetings for the rest of January. These meetings will be replaced by the OWASP Initiatives Meetings.
- Keith suggested that we should try the initiatives meetings for the month of January, and then decide whether we wish to meet more regularly come February. I agree. This is the plan. Please make sure you join the Initiative Meetings for Projects related updates and news.
- Projects Handbook 2013- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft. I plan to make this live with the Projects Page.
- Keith suggested we develop a project requirement that will identify a project's maturity level both visually and within their documentation.
- I tasked myself with developing a template, visual branding, and review criteria to meet this need as I feel it is a very important distinction to make between our projects.