|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
OWASP O2 Platform/WIKI/Using O2 on: HacmeBank
Note: HacmeBank is about to become an OWASP Project: see HacmeBank
This page contains information about HacmeBank and O2 can be used to find, exploit and mitigate its vulnerabilities
- original version of HacmeBank:http://www.foundstone.com/us/resources/proddesc/hacmebank.htm
- updated version of HacmeBank (O2's website): http://www.o2-ounceopen.com/technical-info/2008/12/8/updated-version-of-hacmebank.html
- download: HacmeBank_v2.0 (Dinis version - 7 Dec 08).zip
- video: http://www.o2-ounceopen.com/storage/videos/HacmeBank%20-%20Features.wmv
- video: http://www.o2-ounceopen.com/storage/videos/HacmeBank-%20Using%20the%20SQL%20Injection%20Database%20Explorer.wmv
- google query on HackmeBank : http://www.google.com/search?q=hacmebank
Removing 'OnlyAllowLocalAccess' restriction
By default (to prevent accidental exploitation) non-local requests are not allowed (i.e. only http://127.0.0.1 will work).
To allow such accesses, edit the Hacme Bank's website web.config (in HacmeBank_v2_Website folder) and comment out the HttpModule_onlyAllowLocalAccess line in the <httpModules> section.
To also access (and 'unprotect') the Webservices, remove the same line from the web.config file that is in the HacmeBank_v2_WS folder
Installing on non-US English systems
The Hacme Bank v2 available from Foundstone/McAfee only works on systems where the regional settings are set to the United States. Although, it at first appears to work, lots of the application interactions and database calls fail with ugly error messages. The easiest fix is to build a dedicated server using US English settings from the ground-up.
go back to the main OWASP O2 Platform page