|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
OWASP Newsletter 9
Sent to owasp-all mailing list on ?? May 2007
- 1 OWASP Newsletter #9 (1-May-2007)
- 2 Featured Item: SpoC2007 Selections
- 3 Featured Item: 6th AppSec Conference
- 4 Featured (non-OWASP) Project: Security Through Scrutiny: Java Open Review Project
- 5 Latest additions to the WIKI
- 6 OWASP references in the Media
OWASP Newsletter #9 (1-May-2007)
Welcome to the 9th OWASP Newsletter, tbd ...
If you have any content to add to the next edition, feel free to add it directly to its WIKI page (OWASP Newsletter 10).
Belgium Chapter Leader
Featured Item: SpoC2007 Selections
To be filled in by Dinis
Featured Item: 6th AppSec Conference
The agenda for the 6th Application Security Conference May 15-17 in Milan has been set, the dinner location determined, and all the details are coming together. Please check out the updated details at: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/6th_OWASP_AppSec_Conference_-_Italy_2007.
Featured (non-OWASP) Project: Security Through Scrutiny: Java Open Review Project
A joint project from the Findbugs group and Fortify Software is examining open source components for security and quality defects. The project, accessible at http://opensource.fortifysoftware.com, allows participants to:
- submit projects to be scanned with Findbugs and Fortify Source Code Analysis suite
- help review potential defects through the online code review interface
- keep track of project defects as they are uncovered and fixed by the open source community
- receive tips on performing code reviews for security defects
The project is open to all Java open source projects and any person that wants to contribute, either through code reviews, project submissions, or project feedback. Current projects include: Tomcat, Jforums, Azureus, Nuxeo, Spring, Struts, select OWASP projects, and more!
People are encouraged to visit the site: http://opensource.fortifysoftware.com for more details or stop by the Fortify/Findbugs demo booth at JavaOne 2007. Project owners that are interested in being featured can email: openaudit <at> fortifysoftware <dot> com
Latest additions to the WIKI
Updated chapter pages:
New Documents & Presentations from chapters
For a complete list of chapter presentations see the online table of presentations.
Latest Blog entries
Application Security News
OWASP references in the Media