OWASP Newsletter 8
[http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/antivirus-f-prot.html avg antivirus free version ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/automatic-pig.html autobahn construction design german ] africa animal endangered south southeast asian tsunami death toll [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new145.html pacific rim of asia map ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new72.html blackonasians ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/rkgv2463v.html african industry music south ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/antivirus-freeware.html norton antivirus download rebate ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/wntjtqor2.html early south african music ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/symantec-antivirus.html vet antivirus free download ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/autopilot-off-clockwork.html automatic swatch ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/australian-cricket.html australia pajero ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/australian-music.html central lowlands in australia ] werksmans south africa [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/australia-bank-fee.html beef jerky australia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/autobiographer.html denver auto classifieds ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new8.html sex asia film ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/install-software.html 64 bit antivirus software ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/t23vzwbje.html african motif figurine ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/symantec-antivirus.html portable antivirus software ] index sitemap [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/ravantivirus.html symantec antivirus corporate edition update ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/property-for.html australian working visa requirements ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/2006-australia.html bocs ticketing western australia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/autoritatea-nationala.html automotive cross number part reference ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new46.html tracheal malasia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new131.html bank of east asia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new132.html asian color schemes ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/i-still-call-australia.html making soft plastic lures australia ] sunnyside auto parts [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new82.html asian torrents ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/j45p2foyu.html africa unite concert in addis ababa ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/western-plains.html animal australia info ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/automobile-promotion.html impact of automobile in the 1920s ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/medical-textbooks.html australiasian college of dermatologists ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/norton-antivirus.html norton antivirus 2003 software ] http [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/stinger-antivirus.html antivirus software downloadable ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/escan-antivirus.html karpasky antivirus ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/auto-tune-demo.html auto parts for jeeps ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/computer-antivirus.html avg antivirus new ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/atm6jbmgn.html technikon pretoria south africa ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/antiviruscom.html avg antivirus pro v7 ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/beds-online-australia.html india visa in australia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new174.html gaping asian holes ] south african art history [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/lmi1tnyfh.html africa massage prostate south ] http://www.textdomtrocd.com Sent to owasp-all mailing list on 17 April 2007
- 1 OWASP Newsletter #8 (17-Apr-2007)
- 2 Featured Item: OWASP Spring Of Code 2007
- 3 Featured Item: Milan (Italy) Conference Agenda details!
- 4 Featured Project: OWASP Code Review Project
- 5 Featured Project: OWASP WeBekci Project
- 6 Web Application Security Metrics Survey Participants Needed
- 7 Latest additions to the WIKI
- 8 OWASP references in the Media / Blogs
OWASP Newsletter #8 (17-Apr-2007)
A bit later than normal, welcome to the 8th OWASP Newsletter, featuring the OWASP Spring Of Code 2007, details on the 6th AppSec Conference, the Code Review Project, the WeBekci Project and the OWASP Code Review Project is seeking for volunteers.
Note that we also scan blogs for OWASP references.
If you have any content to add to the next edition, feel free to add it directly to its WIKI page (OWASP Newsletter 9).
Belgium Chapter Leader
Featured Item: OWASP Spring Of Code 2007
We have received lots of OWASP Spring Of Code 2007 Applications! The submission period is now closed. The OWASP board is now evaluating the proposals and will publish the results as soon as possible.
Featured Item: Milan (Italy) Conference Agenda details!
Join us for our 6th AppSec Conference May 15-17 in Milan, Italy. Microsoft will be presenting "The Benefits of the SDL initiative to Microsoft and its Customers" and there will be expert talks on Web Services Security, Securing AJAX, the Microsoft Secure Development Lifecycle, all the new OWASP projects, and much more.
Featured Project: OWASP Code Review Project
The OWASP Code Review project was concieved by Eoin Keary the OWASP Ireland Founder and Chapter Lead. We are actively seeking techies to add new sections as new web technologies emerge. Need help on this one, don't be shy, all help appreciated.
View the OWASP Code Review Project Roadmap.
Featured Project: OWASP WeBekci Project
WeBekci is a web based ModSecurity 2.x management tool. WeBekci is written in PHP, Its backend is powered by MySQL and the frontend by XAJAX framework. It will remove management overhead of ModSecurity 2.x. You can configure modsecurity.conf, add special rules and watch system, apache and modsecurity logs (only guardianlog has been implemented in this version).
Web Application Security Metrics Survey Participants Needed
Since meaningful web application security metrics are very lacking, the Web Application Security Metrics seeks to identify and provide the web application security community with a basic set of application security metrics that have been found by contributors to be effective in measuring web application security effectiveness.
Since this Project was launched, it has proven to be challenging to get survey participants (e.g., customers too busy or have no metrics). As a result, Bob Austin (the project leader) is turning directly to you:the OWASP community. He would be very grateful to OWASP members who are willing to take 30 minutes to complete a survey with him by phone (and/or to support collection of metric data from an organization you support). The key data he seeks is as follows:
- Description of Metric,
- why the metric was created,
- how the metric is created,
- source of the data used to produce the metric,
- and how is the metric used.
Bob can be contacted at austinb <at> korelogic <dot> com or +1.804.379.4656
Latest additions to the WIKI
- Ã¢ÂÂDenver February 2007 meeting
- Ã¢ÂÂ6th OWASP AppSec Conference - Italy 2007/Agenda
- Ã¢ÂÂComprehensive list of Threats to Authentication Procedures and Data
- Ã¢ÂÂWebScarab SSL Certificates
Updated chapter pages:
- New Jersey
- OWASP Community
- Washington DC
- Virginia (Northern Virginia)
- San Francisco
- OWASP Spring Of Code 2007 Applications
- Testing for Directory Traversal
- Testing for Session Management Schema
- OWASP Education PresentationÃ¢ÂÂ
- Comprehensive list of Threats to Authentication Procedures and Data
- Authentication ErrorÃ¢ÂÂ
- Category:OWASP Interceptor Project
- Category:OWASProfiler Project
- OWASP AppSec Conference Sponsors
- Category:OWASP WebGoat Project
- Category:OWASP WeBekci Project
- Main Page
- Category:OWASP AJAX Security Project
- OWASP Code Review Guide Table of Contents
- Java Security Frameworks
- OWASP Java Table of Contents
- PDF Attack Filter for Apache mod rewrite
- Member Offers
- Data Validation
- OWASP Application Security FAQ
- OWASP Tiger
New Documents & Presentations from chapters
For a complete list of chapter presentations see the online table of presentations.
Latest Blog entries
- May 15 (18:00h) - Rochester chapter meeting
- May 10 (18:00h) - Belgium chapter meeting
- May 9 (18:00h) - Toronto chapter meeting
- May 9 (18:00h) - Ottawa Chapter Meeting
- May 8 (18:00h) - Washington DC (N. VA) chapter meeting
- May 2 (18:30h) - Boston chapter meeting
- May 1 (18:00h) - Melbourne chapter meeting
- May 21 (14:00h) - 2nd OWASP Israel mini conference
- Apr 26 (17:00h) - Switzerland chapter meeting and "Swiss Security Dinner"
- Apr 20 (19:00h) - Hong Kong chapter meeting - Objectives for 2007
- Apr 17 (18:00h) - Rochester chapter meeting
- Apr 12 (18:00h) - Netherlands chapter meeting
- Apr 11 (18:00h) - Toronto chapter meeting
- Apr 10 (18:00h) - Washington DC (N. VA) chapter meeting
- Apr 4 (18:30h) - Boston chapter meeting
- Apr 3 (18:00h) - Melbourne chapter meeting
- Mar 30 - [Italy@Master in Security at "La Sapienza"]
OWASP references in the Media / Blogs
- SANS Launches Security Certification for Programmers
- Web Application Remediation - OWASP San Antonio Meeting Tomorrow
- OWASP Meeting and Ã¢ÂÂSwiss Security DinnerÃ¢ÂÂ
- OWASP Testing Guide 2.0
- OWASP Spring of Code 2007
- JBroFuzz 0.5 from OWASP - Stateless Network Protocol Fuzzer
- OWASP AppSec Conference - Italy 2007
- WhiteHat Security Chief Technology Officer Jeremiah Grossman To Present at OWASP New York/New Jersey Meeting
- Security's New School