OWASP Newsletter 15
- 1 OWASP Newsletter #15 (xx-March-2008)
- 2 Featured Item: OWASP NYC AppSec 2008 Conference
- 3 Featured Item: OWASP Week 2008
- 4 Featured Project: TBD
- 5 Latest additions to the WIKI
- 6 OWASP references in the Media
- 7 Application Security News Feed
OWASP Newsletter #15 (xx-March-2008)
Welcome to the 15th edition of the OWASP Newsletter, featuring the OWASP NYC AppSec 2008 Conference, OWASP Week 2008, and the TBD Project.
As always, if you have any content to add to the next edition, please feel free to add it directly to its WIKI page OWASP Newsletter 16.
Alison McNamee - OWASP Operations Director - Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org
Featured Item: OWASP NYC AppSec 2008 Conference
The OWASP NYC AppSec 2008 Conference will take place on October 7th-10th. At this event, there will be two days of Multi-track Seminars, Capture the Flag, two days of Hands-On Training and a Vendor Exhibit. The conference will be held downtown New York City with the capacity for up to 1,000 attendees register early!
Registration for training and attendees will open up on April 1st (no really...) For full details on the event, to be a speaker and sponsorship opportunities click here.
Featured Item: OWASP Week 2008
Following the success of OWASP Day in 2007, this year we have decided to have the first ever OWASP Week! This will take place between March 30th and April 4th. To see what chapters are participating, please go to OWASP_Week_April_08.
Featured Project: TBD
Latest additions to the WIKI
New Chapter Pages
- OWASP JBroFuzz
- JSP JSTL
- Preventing LDAP Injection in Java
- Password length & complexity
- OWASP Project Assessment
- OWASP Enterprise Security API
- OWASP Video
Updated chapter pages:
- Mexico City
- Virginia (Northern Virginia)
- Minneapolis St Paul
- Washington DC
New Documents & Presentations from chapters
For a complete list of chapter presentations see the online table of presentations.
OWASP references in the Media
- Top 10 Reasons Web Sites get Hacked
- Do Outsourcing Firms write secure code?
- OWASP Talk PHP Code Analysis Real World Examples
- OWASP Summer of Code
- AntiSamy 1.1 is out!
- Economics of Industry Certifications
- Conference 2008 at NY
- Web Testing and Reporting Best Practices
- XSS and CSRF Attacks
- Email Encryption
- OWASP Australia 2008
- Software Vendors and OWASP
- February OWASP Top 10 - Exploits
- Exposing ECM Security Vulnerabilities
- About OWASP
- Why many popular website are risky