OWASP Newsletter 14
- 1 OWASP Newsletter #14 (xx-Feb-2008)
- 2 Featured Item: Proposed OWASP Project Assessment
- 3 Featured Project: TBD
- 4 Latest additions to the WIKI
- 5 OWASP references in the Media
OWASP Newsletter #14 (xx-Feb-2008)
Welcome to the 14th edition of the OWASP Newsletter, featuring TBD and the TBD Project.
As always, if you have any content to add to the next edition, please feel free to add it directly to its WIKI page OWASP Newsletter 15.
Alison McNamee - OWASP Operations Director - Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org
Featured Item: Proposed OWASP Project Assessment
- OWASP has begun the process of stabilization its PROJECT ASSESSMENT CRITERIA. The objective is to have clear and objective requirements for OWASP project's deliverables (for both tools and documentation).
- The current structure is still in flux, so please spend some time reviewing it and send us your comments.
- The objective is to map all OWASP Projects to the proposed 3 project modes (Release Quality, Beta Quality and Alpha Quality) in the next couple months.
Featured Project: TBD
- DRUM ROLL PLEASE: MONDAY, MARCH 3, 'OWASP SUMMER OF CODE 2008' WILL BE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!
- Period for submitting applications starts on the same date.
Latest additions to the WIKI
- OWASP Summer of Code 2008
- OWASP Summer of Code 2008 Press Release
- OWASP Summer of Code 2008 Applications
- OWASP Summer of Code 2008 Applications - Proposal Type
- OWASP Summer of Code 2008 - Selection
- Control Template
- JSP JSTL
- ASDR Table of Contents
New Chapter Pages
- OWASP AppSec Europe 2008 - Belgium
- OWASP AJAX Security Project Roadmap
- Category:OWASP AJAX Security Project
- Testing for AJAX Vulnerabilities
- CSRF Guard 2x Roadmap
- Category:OWASP Testing Project
- OWASP DirBuster Project
- OWASP Project Assessment
- Front Range Web Application Security Summit Planning Page
- Reviewing Code for Data Validation
Updated chapter pages:
- Bay Area
- San Jose
- San Francisco Bay Area
- New Zealand
- South Africa
New Documents & Presentations from chapters
For a complete list of chapter presentations see the online table of presentations.
OWASP references in the Media
- Your Client-Side Security Sucks
- The Changed Face of Cybercrime
- Authentication & Authorization Assumptions
- Locks are to keep the honest people out