OWASP Kerala Women in AppSec Meet june 8 2019
OWASP Kerala Women in AppSec Meet, June 2019
- Meet up cafe, KSUM, Ground floor, Thejaswini Building, Technopark, Trivandrum
Date & Time
- June 9th 2019 (2PM To 5PM)
- FutureLab, KSUM
Privacy and Data Protection (2 PM – 2:45 PM)
- Speaker: Archana Venugopal, Manager- Cyber Risk, Big 4
The session will give you an insight on GDPR, Indian Privacy law, and career on Data Protection
- Global Scenarios which lead to concerns in data and governance practices. In this section, we will discuss what is data, data management, data breaches and the importance of data protection
- Short note on GDPR and its impact on organizations in India. In the second session, we will explain about The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") which is the most complex regulation law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). The GDPR impact on Indian organizations will also be discussed.
- Indian privacy law. In this session, draft Indian privacy law, its implications, major clauses and its impact on organizations will be discussed.
- Certifications in Privacy /Privacy as a career. In this session, we will explain about certifications like DCPP, DCCP, CIPP Certification-IAPP, CIPM, CIPT, EXIN Privacy & Data Protection
Mobile Application Pen Testing (2:45 PM – 3:45 PM)
- Speaker: Samyuktha V Bhat, Security Consultant, EY
The session will mainly focus on below key points:
- Preparing the test environment, Under this section will discuss the tools and software to be used. How to root the device or emulator.
- Information Gathering, Will discuss application mapping by analyzing the functionalities, user inputs, etc associated with the application.
- Code review, Analyzing the underlying application code by decompiling the apk file.
- Client-side Attacks, Owasp top ten vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, Data storage-related vulnerabilities would be discussed here.
- Code tampering and manipulation, Hooking methods using Frida and Xposed.
- Network Attacks
In this section, will discuss all network-related vulnerabilities. If time permits will discuss on iOS specific security concerns
How to Get Started with OSCP (3:45 PM – 4:30 PM )
- Speaker: Sreelakshmy Palliyil, Asst.Manager, Big4
- Exam Structure, In this section, we will discuss exam structure, lab durations, fees and all
- Preparation, Things required for OSCP Preparation
- Journey, Lab Structure, learning, exploitation