Difference between revisions of "OWASP Juice Shop Project"
|Line 172:||Line 172:|
Revision as of 14:42, 31 July 2017
OWASP Juice Shop Tool Project
The most trustworthy online shop out there. (dschadow)
The application contains 43 hacking challenges of varying difficulty where the user is supposed to exploit the underlying vulnerabilities. The hacking progress is tracked on a score board. Finding this score board is actually one of the (easy) challenges!
Main Selling Points
This recording from the OWASP Netherlands Chapter Meeting, 22nd September 2016 gives an introduction to the OWASP Juice Shop and a live demonstration of the application and how to hack it.
Spoiler warning: The last 10 minutes of the video show some live hacking including solutions to a few of the challenges!
Official Companion Guide
Pwning OWASP Juice Shop is the official companion guide for this project. It will give you a complete overview of the vulnerabilities found in the application including hints how to spot and exploit them. In the appendix you will even find complete step-by-step solutions to every challenge. The ebook is published under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 and is available for free as work-in-progress in HTML, PDF, Kindle and ePub format on GitBook. The latest officially released edition is available for free on LeanPub in PDF, Kindle and ePub format.
[31.07.17] juice-shop v4.2.1
[12.07.17] juice-shop v4.2.0
[30.06.17] juice-shop v4.1.2
[25.06.17] juice-shop v4.1.0
Juice Shop is already implemented, properly tested and has been promoted and demonstrated or live-hacked on various occasions including OWASP events. It has been successfully used by different companies for inhouse security trainings.
Vision for Juice Shop 5.x
- migrate to latest Sequelize version (#167) or even another ORM library
- requires to replace the discontinued sequelize-restful module
- migrate to Jasmine 2 and Frisby 2 test frameworks (#164)
Vision for CTF-Extension 2.x
- Further automate the setup of CTFd with Juice Shop via the Node.js CLI at https://www.npmjs.com/package/juice-shop-ctf-cli (e.g. #10)
- Create an OWASP Juice Shop theme for CTFd (#9)
- Evaluate adding other CTF-frameworks (e.g. FBCTF) to choose from within juice-shop-ctf-cli
Project Maturity Goals
- Onboard a Co-Project Leader
- Have a Core Team of 3+ developers
- Have Juice Shop promoted to Flagship Project at some point in its lifecycle
Involvement in the development and promotion of OWASP Juice Shop is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert or a programmer to contribute. Some of the ways you can help are as follows: