Difference between revisions of "OWASP Jobs/Graphic Designer"
(Created page with "===Graphic Designer, OWASP Foundation=== '''Title:''' Graphic Designer '''Classification and time:''' Part-time: hourly, contractor '''Location and travel:''' Remote, Tel...")
Latest revision as of 20:07, 10 February 2014
Graphic Designer, OWASP Foundation
Title: Graphic Designer
Classification and time: Part-time: hourly, contractor
Location and travel: Remote, Telecommute.
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsibilities: The Graphic Designer is responsible for oversight and development of company promotional materials both for print and for the web. The OWASP Graphic Designer will be responsible for the visual identity and visual brand consistency of all materials and graphic content created and used by the OWASP Foundation.
Key Job Functions:
- Manage Brand Consistency - OWASP has recently had a brand re-vamp, and we are in need of a designer to help us manage our visual identity based on our new branding guidelines. The OWASP Graphic Designer must ensure that all graphic materials used and produced by OWASP are within the visual scope of our branding guidelines.
- Develop Original Concepts - The OWASP Graphic Designer will develop original concepts, designs, and sample layouts for flyers, other print collateral, identity and branding for conferences, and graphics for the wiki, and project/conference websites.
- Manage Graphics Library - OWASP is quickly growing an extensive graphics library that will need to be organized and managed by the Graphic Designer. It includes flyers, posters, web banners, books, and many different design elements that all need to be kept up-to-date.
- Markup and Assemble Layouts - Designer will develop original designs, layouts, and/or illustrations depending on the needs of the community and/or the staff. All designs and materials must be inline with the current OWASP brand guidelines.
- Minimum 1 year experience in graphic or web design role.
- Fluent in English Language with strong communication skills.
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense.
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to colleagues and community.
- Technical Skills: Adobe Creative Suite CS 5 or later. Expertise in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities and commitments concurrently.
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to the organization’s goals and values.
Desired skills, experience, background:
- Strong computer and internet skills including experience working with: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Google docs, Salesforce, MediaWiki markup, Microsoft *Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment with volunteer driven activities.
- Familiarity designing for an international audience.
- Verbal and written skills in a non-English language a plus.
- HTML/CSS is a plus.
Salary Part-Time, hourly rate: $15.00/per hour.
About the OWASP Foundation: The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a 501(c)(3) worldwide not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of software. Our mission is to make software security visible, so that individuals and organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about true software security risks. Everyone is free to participate in OWASP and all of our materials are available under a free and open software license. You'll find everything about OWASP linked from our wiki and current information on our OWASP Blog. OWASP does not endorse or recommend commercial products or services, allowing our community to remain vendor neutral with the collective wisdom of the best minds in software security worldwide. We ask that the community look out for inappropriate uses of the OWASP brand including use of our name, logos, project names and other trademark issues.
How to apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line to email@example.com.