OWASP IL Sponsorship
[Category:Israel]OWASP is an open source organization. While our activities are free for all, we can use your help to make our activities better. We are open to any sponsorship ideas that you may have. This are some simple ways in which you can help us:
Commercial Sponsoring an OWASP IL conference
| OWASP Israeli chapter holds a conference usually twice a year usually together with the Efi Arazi Computer Science School at the the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya. These conferences where very successful and a large number of people.
We encourage company's to sponsor our conferences and help pay for such expenses such as refreshments, photography, video etc. The conferences are not commercial and the cost goes directly to cover expenses. Actually we just split the bills between the sponsors, but not more than $500 for each sponsor. At OWASP Israel 2007, the actual sum was $300 per sponsor.
Past sponsors include Checkpoint, Microsoft, F5, Breach Security, Hacktics, 2bsecure, GamaSec, Applicure & Zend
What do you get for sponsoring
What you don't get
What do we need your money for
OWASP is very strictly non for profit. We take your money to help make our events more compelling to the audience while striving to make them free for participants. We want more people to come to our events so we can educate them about making applications more secure.
We use the money collected from sponsors for things such as:
- Lecture videos - filming presentations enables them to be available also to people who cannot make it to the conference.
- Refreshments - we want to keep people a long time, and we certainly bring good and interesting speakers, yet we don't want people to go home when they become hungry.
- Name tags - we feel that getting to know each other is important and name tags make it possible.
- Promotion - Up to now our events are propagating by word of mouth. We would like to get to a wider audience by advertising our events.
- Printed Materials - We are not very keen on killing trees, but some people learn more from actual printed paper. We would like to start handing out printed materials in out conferences.
By the way, if you feel that you can contribute to any of these in anyway besides money, we will be happy to here about it.
What should you prepare as a sponsor
As a sponsor, you are not oblidged to do anything. Sponsorship can be a philanthropy. However in order to take advantage of the benefits listed above, we recommend the following:
- Send us a logo file to put on the conference web page.
- Prepare a roll up type poster or equivalent for your table top booth.
- Prepare brochures for handling out to conference attendees.
- You might also want hold a sweepstake between people who fill in their details in order to collect leads. We will be happy to announce the prize on the conference page.
- Come 30 minutes before the conference starts to setup your booth.
for further details contact me.
Non for Profit/Barter Sponsorship of OWASP IL Conferences
We are happy to allow any information security related non for profit organization to present at our conference expo. You will get, for free, the same benefits that the commercial vendors get. The only condition is that if you hold similar events we would like to present at those events in return.
We extend the same type of barter to commercial organizations that hold events. If you organize an information security related event, we would let you promote it in our expo in return for having presence in your event.
Contact me for further details.
Hosting a meeting
We also host regular meetings and look for companies to host of sponsor these meetings. A company that hosts such a meeting is responsible for a meeting location and the refreshments. We need a room that can host up to 50 people. Pizza and drinks are the common refreshments, but alternatives are also OK. Keep in mind that food should be Kosher.
If you want to host such a meeting, contact me me.
In addition to sponsoring OWASP Israel, you can also join OWASP as a member. For details, please refer to this page.