OWASP Honeycomb Project Roadmap
The project's overall goal is to...
In the Honeycomb project, OWASP is assembling the most comprehensive and integrated guide ever attempted to the fundamental building blocks of application security (principles, threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures) through collaborative community efforts.
In the near term, we are focused on the following tactical goals...
- Expand the project page with clear write-up of our missions and approaches
- Honeycomb User's Guide
- Project roadmap
- Refine the contents and structure of the honeycomb articles
- Eliminate redundancy in the articles and categories
Here are the current tasks defined to help us achieve these goals
- Expand the stub articles (description and examples)
- Fill in the related sections in the articles
- Make sure that Honeycomb articles are tagged with appropriate categories
- Eliminate redundancy
- Merge duplicate articles on the same topic. For example, it is highly likely that a guide article, a top ten article and a vulnerability/attack article exist on a same topic.
- Redirect well-know acronyms and case-sensitive titles to the master article. (Example, XSS to Cross Site Scripting")
- Plan: go over by topics.
- Go over the CLASP articles to:
- Add the same article structure, i.e., the "Related ..." sections, to the CLASP articles;
- Make sure they are marked with appropriate templates: vulnerability, attack, principle, etc;
- Make sure they are tagged with appropriate categories.
- Merge duplicate vulnerability categories. (Replace "...problem/error" with "...vulnerability" when it is appropriate.)
- Make sure all articles that have code snippets are marked with the "Code Snippet" category and corresponding languages.
- Merge "Buffer overflow", "Buffer Overflow" and related redundant articles
- Merge "Cross Site Scripting" and "Cross-site_scripting"
- Merge "SQL Injection" and "SQL injection"