OWASP German Language Project
Welcome to the German Language Project
The German Language Project is a new OWASP Project that will provide a foundation, guideance and common terminology for German translations of OWASP documents and parts of the OWASP web site. Furthermore, it will organize, plan and priorize new translation projects.
March 16, 2011. German Language Project has been officially started.
Click on the link on each issue to go to the specific resource (translated to German)
- German translations of all the release-level document projects:
- German translations of major sections of OWASP web site:
- nothing yet
- German translations of OWASP Software
- nothing yet
Current Translation Project Status
|Project||Version||Status||Responsible||Translation Team||QS Team||(Expected) Completion Date||Help needed?||Project Site|
|OWASP Top 10||2010||unknown||Kai Jendrian||Kai Jendrian||<tbd>||<tbd>||<tbd>||here|
|OWASP ASVS||1.0||Done||Matthias Rohr||Matthias Rohr||Olaf Schulz||October 10, 2010||Review||(PDF, Word)|
Out of Scope
Translations of the following sections are NOT in scope
- Local Chapters Pages
- All the projects deliverables in Alpha and Beta Stages
- All the documentation “on development” like Guide Version 3.0
- Translation of pages, documentation or tools to other language other than German according to the stated in above section.
If you wish to contribute in the project please join us at mailing list subscription page.
The following lists contains accepted German translations for English terms that are directly or indirectly related to application security. Many of them are already used in existing OWASP translations and should therefore not be changed without further discussion. Existing terms that are not used in the field are not included in this list:
- Access Control – Zugriffskontrolle
- Application Security – Anwendungssicherheit
- Authentisierung – Authentication
- Backdoor – Hintertür
- Confidence – Vertrauen
- Confidentiality – Vertraulichkeit
- Coverage – (Verifikations-)Abdeckung
- Cryptographic module - Kryptographisches Modul
- Design Verification – Designverification
- Input Validation – Eingabevalidierung
- Internal Verification – Interne Verifikation
- Logging – Protokollierung
- Malware - Schadprogramm
- Malicious Code - Schadcode
- Non-Repudiation - Nicht Abstreitbarkeit
- Output Validation – Eingabevalidierung
- Rigor – (Verifikations-)Strenge
- Security Configuration – Sicherheitskonfiguration
- Security Control - Sicherheitsmechanismus
- Session - Sitzung
- Session Management - Sitzungsmanagement
- Security Architecture – Sicherheitsarchitektur
- Threat Modeling – Bedrohungsmodellierung
- Verification – Verifikation
- Verification Requirement – Verifikationsanweisung
The following lists contains English (mostly application security) terms that are widely used and accepted in German too and can (or should) therefore be used instead of a German translation:
- Access Controls
- Easter Egg
- Security Control
- Session Management
- Target of Verification (TOV)
- Threat Modeling
The project's overall goal is to...
provide a foundation, guideance and common terminology for German translations of OWASP documents and parts of the OWASP web site. Furthermore, it will organize, plan and priorize new translation projects.
In the near term, we are focused on the following tactical goals...
1. Link all existing German OWASP translation to this page
2. Setting-up a consistent glossary for german application security terms
3. Priorize and organize future translations and actions
4. Provide Translation Guidelines
5. Provide Translation Templates
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?