OWASP German Language Project
Welcome to the German Language Project
The German Languages Project is a new OWASP Project that will provide a foundation and common terminology for German translations of OWASP documents. Furthermore, it will organize, plan and priorize new translation projects.
If you'd like to participate please join our mailinglist.
The following lists contains accepted German translations for English terms that are directly or indirectly related to application security. Many of them are already used in existing OWASP translations and should therefore not be changed without further discussion. Existing terms that are not used in the field are not included in this list:
- Access Control – Zugriffskontrolle
- Application Security – Anwendungssicherheit
- Authentisierung – Authentication
- Backdoor – Hintertür
- Confidence – Vertrauen
- Confidentiality – Vertraulichkeit
- Coverage – (Verifikations-)Abdeckung
- Cryptographic module - Kryptographisches Modul
- Design Verification – Designverification
- Input Validation – Eingabevalidierung
- Internal Verification – Interne Verifikation
- Logging – Protokollierung
- Malware - Schadprogramm
- Malicious Code - Schadcode
- Non-Repudiation - Nicht Abstreitbarkeit
- Output Validation – Eingabevalidierung
- Rigor – (Verifikations-)Strenge
- Security Configuration – Sicherheitskonfiguration
- Security Control - Sicherheitsmechanismus
- Session - Sitzung
- Session Management - Sitzungsmanagement
- Security Architecture – Sicherheitsarchitektur
- Threat Modeling – Bedrohungsmodellierung
- Verification – Verifikation
- Verification Requirement – Verifikationsanweisung
The following lists contains English (mostly application security) terms that are widely used and accepted in German too and can (or should) therefore be used instead of a German translation:
- Access Controls
- Easter Egg
- Security Control
- Session Management
- Target of Verification (TOV)
- Threat Modeling
The project's overall goal is to...
provide a foundation and common terminology for German translations of OWASP documents. Furthermore, it will organize, plan and priorize new translation projects.
In the near term, we are focused on the following tactical goals...
1. Link all existing German OWASP translation to this page
2. Setting-up a consistent glossary for german application security terms
3. Priorize and organize future translations and actions
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?