OWASP Financial Information Exchange Security Project
OWASP Financial Information Exchange Security
OWASP Financial Information Exchange Security is a project aimed at raising awareness of security when implementing, developing or working with the FIX protocol. The project aims to create guidelines for implementors, providing them with best practice guidance relating the deploying FIX, guidelines for security professionals when penetration testing FIX, and also a number of FIX related security tools written in Java.
Write a short introduction
Write a description that is just a few paragraphs long
What is Financial Information Exchange Security?
OWASP Financial Information Exchange Security provides:
OWASP Financial Information Exchange Security is free to use. It is licensed under the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license], so you can copy, distribute and transmit the work, and you can adapt it, and use it commercially, but all provided that you attribute the work and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
News and Events
OWASP FIX Security is developed by a worldwide team of volunteers. The primary contributors to date have been:
- Myles Hosford
- Join the project, get involved!
- Gather interested community members
- Develop check-list for penetration testing FIX (Financial Information Exchange) endpoints
- Develop best practice guidelines when implementing the FIX protocol (from a security perspective)
- Develop Java based FIX client to use when performing security review of FIX endpoint (kind of like ZapProxy but for FIX)
As of January 2014, the priorities are:
- Start work on the Java FIX Security tool
- Start work on the FIX Security best practice document
Involvement in the development and promotion of OWASP FIX Security is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert in order to contribute. Some of the ways you can help:
- FIX architects, let us know your security concerns and problems you face when deploying new FIX architecture.
- Java developers, one of the projects deliverables is a Java FIX Security tool, any development help would be great!
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?