OWASP Day KL 2011
OWASP DAY KL 2011 - Malaysia
OWASP Malaysia will host OWASP Day KL 2011 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Sep. 20 to Sep. 21, 2011. The events will gather OWASP leaders, security experts, executives, technical thought leaders, developers, scientists and researchers from Asia and around the world for in-depth discussions of cutting-edge application security issues. The summit will draw participation from major Malysia and global organizations across various verticals including government, information technology, services and consulting, telecommunications, finance, e-commerce, Internet, universities and research institutes. About 200 people are expected to attend the summit, which will be covered by major news media. Panel discussions, vendor exhibit, and Lunch will be held at the summit, providing sufficient networking opportunities.
Please use RegOnline link
Who Should Attend OWASP Day KL 2011:
- Application Developers
- Application Testers and Quality Assurance
- Application Project Management and Staff
- Chief Information Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Deputies, Associates and Staff
- Chief Financial Officers, Auditors, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Oversight and Compliance
- Security Managers and Staff
- Executives, Managers, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Governance
- IT Professionals Interesting in Improving IT Security
For student discount, attendees must present proof of enrollment when picking up your badge.
CFP and CFT
OWASP DAY KL 2011
CALL FOR Presentation
OWASP AppSec Asia 2011 Conference will be a major international forum for the presentation of research results, cutting-edge ideas and in-depth discussions in the field of application security. OWASP AppSec Asia 2011 Conference invites application security researchers, thought leaders and developers worldwide to submit papers for the opportunity of presenting to 800+ expected participants.
The topics we are seeking include, but are not limited to:
- Web Application Security
- Mobile Application Security
- Cloud Application Security
- Software and Architecture Patterns for Application Security
- Metrics for Application Security
- OWASP Tools and Projects
- Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET)
- Application Security Testing
- New Attacks and Defense
- Other subjects related to OWASP and Application Security
To make a submission:
Each talk should be limited to 40 minutes, followed by a 10 minute question session.
- Submission deadline: August 20, 2011.
- Notification of acceptance: August 22, 2011.
- Presentation slides due: September 20, 2011.
CALL FOR Training
The final program will be available before August 2011.
We are still soliciting sponsors for the OWASP Day KL 2011. An exhibit hall will be held for vendor booths and presentations.
New in 2011, we are offering exclusive OWASP Day KL 2011 Sponsorships to provide additional benefits and streamline the planning process for our most supportive organizations.
Please contact us directly if you have any related question.
Members (in alphabetical order)
- Mohd Fazli Azran
It it free for all OWASP Paid members and all OWASP Malaysia Paid chapter members.
If you are neither an OWASP member nor an OWASP Malaysia chapter member, please feel free to join us!
For the OWASP Non-members will have commitment fee = RM50
For training will be charge = RM150 (1Day Training)
Please check the local hotel website for detail information.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
How to obtain a visa for the event
- Invitation letter will be sent out for overseas attendees after registration.
- For detailed information on obtaining a business visa for this event, please refer to [ Malaysia embassy]