OWASP CISO Survey Project
OWASP CISO Survey and Report
Among application security stakeholders, Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs),are responsible for application security from governance, compliance and risk perspectives. The OWASP CISO Survey provides tactical intelligence about security risks and best practices to help CISOs manage application security programs according to their own roles, responsibilities, perspectives and needs.
The OWASP Application Security Guide For CISOs is free to use. It is licensed under the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license], so you can copy, distribute and transmit the work, and you can adapt it, and use it commercially, but all provided that you attribute the work and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
© OWASP Foundation
The CISO Survey Report 2013 includes:
Link to presentation at the AppSecUS 2013 in NYC
News and Events
The Application Security Guide For CISOs Project was authored, edited and reviewed by a worldwide team of volunteers. The primary contributors to date have been:
- Tobias Gondrom
- Marco Morana
- Stephanie Tan
- Colin Watson
And many more helping hands from OWASP chapters around the world and the former Global Industry Committee, providing input, designing questions, translating and sending out the survey questions around the globe. Thank you all! We couldn't have done it without you!
As of January 2014, the priorities are:
- Announce and promote v1.0 at AppSec APAC, EU and US and CISO events
- Gain support and additional contributors
- Initiate the next version 2014 and secure to reach out to a larger audience
Involvement in the development and promotion of the CISO Survey Report is actively encouraged. You do not have to be a security expert in order to contribute. Some of the ways you can help:
- Review the text
- Graphical design for the report and diagrams
- Send out Survey to the Security Manager Community
- Data Analysis
- Begin 2013: Send out Survey
- Sep-30, 2013: Close Survey - done
- Oct 2013: analyze data and write report
- Jan 2014: release of the CISO report 2013
- March 2014: prepare the next revision of the CISO survey
- April 2014: start sending out questionnaires
- September 2014: Close Survey 2014
- Oct 2014: Analyze Data and write report
- Dec 2014: release CISO report 2014
Please participate through the project's mailing list.
v1.0 (Stable) released in January 2014
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?