OWASP Bricks is a deliberately vulnerable web application built on PHP & MySQL focuses on variations of commonly seen application security vulnerabilities & exploits, which can be exploited using tools like Mantra and ZAP.
Bricks is a web application security learning platform built on PHP and MySQL. The project focuses on variations of commonly seen application security issues. Each 'Brick' has some sort of security issue which can be leveraged manually or using automated software tools. The mission is to 'Break the Bricks' and thus learn the various aspects of web application security.
Bricks is a completely free and open source project brought to you by OWASP. The complete documentation and instruction videos can also be accessed or downloaded for free. Bricks are classified into three different sections: login pages, file upload pages and content pages.
OWASP Bricks is free to use. It is licensed under the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license], so you can copy, distribute and transmit the work, and you can adapt it, and use it commercially, but all provided that you attribute the work and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
What is Bricks?
OWASP Bricks provides:
News and Events
Bricks is brought to you by OWASP, a free and open software security community focusing on improving the security of software. Our mission is to make software security visible, so that individuals and organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about true software security risks.
OWASP Bricks project is led by Abhi M Balakrishnan, an information security enthusiast. He is the founding member of OWASP Mantra, Secpedia and Bbroy.
- Demonstrate maximum variations of most common vulnerabilities
- Help people to learn the need of secure codding practices and SSDLC
- Attract people to design more bricks
- Become a test bed for analyzing the performance of web application security scanners.
- Help people learn the manual method of testing the applications
- Demonstrate the possibilities of various security tools and techniques
- Become a platform to teach web application security in a class room/lab environment.
Involvement in the development and promotion of OWASP Bricks is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert in order to contribute. Some of the ways you can help:
- Spread the word - Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other communication platform.
- Write about OWASP Bricks on your web site/ book.
- Mention it in your resume - It helps you, it helps the company and it helps us and thus everybody wins.
- Make tutorials/videos of Bricks in languages you know of.
- Include it in your training materials, talks, discussions etc.
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?