OWASP Board Meetings 3-6-08

From OWASP
Revision as of 10:40, 6 March 2008 by Alison.McNamee (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Date of Meeting: March 6, 2008

Items discussed:

  • Need agenda for all future meetings – items to discuss at each meeting should include, but not be limited to:
    1. OWASP Financials
    2. Conference Report
    3. Infrastructure
    4. Local Chapters update
    5. Projects update
  • Local Chapters
    1. Need to define more clear rules (ie: need to meet at least quarterly, at least 3 people on board, info must be published, etc.)
    2. What is an ideal OWASP Chapter?
    3. Need to put a process in place for OWASP donating money to local chapters
  • OWASP Financials
    1. Need to focus on selling more advertising space for 2008
    2. Board needs to receive quarterly balance sheet reports
    3. Board needs to receive monthly report on new members, renewals, how much additional $ in memberships
  • Advisory Board
    1. Need to create an advisory board (who should participate?)
    2. Figure out how to handle meetings (Quarterly?)
  • OWASP Projects
    1. Need a clear list of what the steps are to have a project become an OWASP project
    2. Need to make the process easier for those who want to contribute


Actions Items:

  • Alison
    1. Work with Seba & Tom to propose guidelines for how chapters can use virtual points 
    2. Work with Larry to put together a proposal for selling banner ads in 2009
    3. Push to get taxes done for 2007 and have audit conducted - once complete put that info on wiki
    4. Work with Dave to put together a job description for OWASP Director
    5. Set up separate conference call with Dave and Tom to discuss NY Conference
    6. Send stuff to OWASP Week participating chapters (once items are approved)
    7. Submit OotM guidelines to board for approval
  • Jeff
    1. Continue working on Advisory Board details
  • Dave
    1. Work with Alision to put together a job description for OwASP Director
  • Dinis
    1. Continue working on Working Groups details
    2. Contact someone at Google concerning SoC 2008 ASAP
    3. Talk to Google about blogs/forum
    4. Write a proposal as to whether we should go back to corporate members that have joined since January of 2008, and see if they would like to allocate their funds to a specific project - Submit to board
    5. Write a proposal of what to send to OWASP Week participating chapters - Submit to board 
  • Tom
    1. Work with Seba & Alison to propose guidelines for how chapters can use virtual points 
  • Seba
    1. Work with Tom & Alison to propose guidelines for how chapters can use virtual points 
  • Larry
    1. Work with Dinis to figure out what to do with blogs/forum
    2. Work with Alison to put together a proposal for selling banner ads in 2009
  • All Board Members
    1. Work on more clear definitions of OWASP Projects