Difference between revisions of "OWASP AppSec Conference Sponsors"
(→Sending Materials to Conference Facility in Ghent)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
== Conference Sponsors ==
== Conference Sponsors ==
Revision as of 13:53, 6 June 2008
OWASP Conference Sponsorship
OWASP is accepting sponsorships for the NYC AppSec 2008 Conference , Israel 2008 Conference , and OWASP AppSec India Conference 2008. Financial sponsorship will help defray the non-profit OWASP Foundation's expenses to prepare for and hold these conferences. There are several different sponsorship options for these conferences:
Option #1: Standard Sponsorship Plan (same as previous conferences)
- Sponsor information will be presented on the main conference web page
- A Sponsor information sheet will be included in handouts to all attendees
- Sponsors can include a poster (no larger than 6 ft. x 4 ft. [can be oriented either way]) at the conference in the main hallway. This can be freestanding, or be hung from the wall.
- Includes 2 Free admissions to the conference
Option #2: Exhibitor Expo
- Product vendors can demonstrate their application security products to conference attendees. The intended focus of this expo is to be prepared to discuss the technical details of the technologies they are offering in the market to help organizations deal with their application security issues. This expo should be light on sales push and very technical. OWASP attendees are very familiar with the application security market!
- At this time, we are not working with a provider of rental equipment. Please make arrangements independently if you need to rent equipment for the show.
Technical exhibit at your vendor booth:
- We want to provide you an opportunity to meet technical consumers and allow them to interact and provide feedback for your product.
- As such, each vendor should plan on using the table space to host two (2) workstations with running product. If you have more than one product you'd like to make available to the attendees, it's your choice as to whether both stations host the full spectrum or each one serves a unique purpose.
- Attendees should be able to walk up with code/binaries on a USB stick, plug it in to the workstation, and get to the nitty-gritty of deploying a WAF, scanning code, pen testing the binaries, etc., etc.
- For practical purposes, your workstations can certainly just be laptop machines. If your product is appliance/SaaS based, please ensure there are two workstations that hook up to your appliance/back-end so that attendees can still interface with you like everyone else.
Staffing your vendor booth:
- Plan on bringing two sales engineers/technical employees to help attendees get a feel for the product(s) with which they're interacting. OWASP attendees tend to be on the very technical side of the spectrum, so there might be a few pointed questions thrown at your folks in the course of the event.
- Attendance to the vendor area is basically free, so you're allowed to bring extra people to rotate folks out, etc., but please keep the vendor booths themselves populated by, at most, three folks at a time.
Communications with attendees in the vendor area:
- OWASP will not provide an attendee list to anyone, nor will we be creating a mailing list for pre-conference announcements from sponsors.
- Contact information for attendees should be exchanged as you and the respective attendee see fit.
- Holding giveaway contests (drop your business card in the bowl to win an iPod, etc.) are allowed as long as they don't go way over the top in terms of detracting from the core purpose of the vendor expo.
The sponsorship fees vary for each conference.
The following are the sponsors for the Conference.