OWASP Academies meeting - 5th, 6th January
Preparatory meeting for the Summit'11
Following the email sent in October regarding the OWASP Academies and the work OWASP is developing to implement and operationalize this concept, multiple feedback and contributions for the discussion have been received.
We thought that one way to turn the feedback and interest received into something positive and constructive would be to sit the people involved at a table and discuss experiences, views and ideas for the OWASP Academies' operational model. Knowing, for example, how the already established connections with Universities were started and how they are working, what would seem to these partners the most reasonable “next step” in terms of formalization or knowing what, from the Universities’ point of view, would be an interesting model of relationship, could be of great use for our own definition and consolidation of the OWASP Academies concept.
In this context, a meeting will be held on the 5th and 6th of January, in Lisbon, with the following format:
- Two days (5th and 6th January) of working sessions focused on the OWASP Academies where the operational model will be discussed with the intent to prepare a draft that can be presented and debated in the Summit'11 to happen in February;
- Main objectives should be:
- Definition of the concept behind the OWASP Academy model;
- Discussion of Certification;
- Identification of a "to do" list for the Summit'11.
The meetings will take place at ISCTE, Lisbon University Institute, in Lisbon. Address is Av.ª das Forças Armadas, 1649-026 LISBOA.
Unfortunately, due to budgetary constraints, it will not be possible for us to invite all who have contributed for the discussion and pay for their traveling and accommodation. We have therefore devised a criteria of selection for paid invitations that takes into account both the level of engagement in the discussion and the amount of work already done within the Academic community.
Having said that, if you find sponsorship to fund your trip and stay in Lisbon, you will be very welcome to join us – just drop me a line to let me know you are coming!
Venue and Hotel
The two-days meeting will take place at ISCTE - Lisbon University Institute.
Participants will be staying at Hotel Roma, in the City center.
Confirmed Participants & Supporters
- Martin Knobloch – Netherlands Local Chapter and Global Education Committee, Netherlands
- Konstantinos Papapanagiotou - Greece Local Chapter, Information Security Services Manager at Syntax IT Inc, Visiting Lecturer at the University of Piraeus, Greece
- Vasileos Vlachos - Greece Local Chapter, Lecturer at the Technological Educational Institute of Larissa, Greece
- Jim Burkman - Assistant Professor, at the Oklahoma State University, US
- Andreas Fuchsberger – Information Security Group, Royal Holloway University, UK
- Ed Adams - President & CEO of Security Innovation, US
- Jason Taylor - CTO of Security Innovation, US
- Francisco Rente - Researcher at the Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal
- Ricardo Melo - DRI, IT Consultants Ltd, Portugal
- Filipe Lacerda - Lusolabs, Portugal
- Carlos Serrão - OWASP Portuguese Chapter Leader, Assistant Professor at ISCTE - Lisbon University Institute, Portugal
- Dinis Cruz - OWASP Board
- Paulo Coimbra - OWASP Project Manager, Portugal
- Sandra Paiva - OWASP Training Manager, Portugal
|Room B202/C302, ISCTE - Lisbon University Institute, January 5th, 2011|
|10h00-10h30||Reception of participants|
|10h30-11h30|| Presentation of the OWASP Academies concept
|11h45-13h30|| How OWASP contents are currently being used by Universities
(Representatives from Universities - Konstantinos Papapanagiotou, Vasileos Vlachos, Jim Burkman, Andreas Fuchsberger, Carlos Serrão)
|14h30-16h30|| Certification Project – content, technology, proposed model
(Ed Adams and Jason Taylor, Security Innovation)
|16h45-18h00|| Open discussion on what the OWASP Academies model should be:
|Room B202/C302, ISCTE - Lisbon University Institute, January 6th, 2011|
|10h00-11h30||Open Discussion / Definition of OWASP Academies model|
|11h45-13h00||Open Discussion / Definition of OWASP Academies model (Cont.)|
|14h00-16h00|| Certification Project – Integration with the OWASP Academies model
(Ed Adams, Jason Taylor (Security Innovation) and Dinis Cruz)
|16h15-17h30|| Wrap up and draft of the model
Live Blog of the meeting
Welcome to the OWASP Academies meeting!
If you were not able to be with us in Lisbon and still want to be part of the discussion, please follow the meeting Live and send us your comments via Cover It Live here:
The Events will go LIVE at 10h30m on Wednesday, the 5th January and 10h on Thursday, the 6th January.
We are looking forward to seeing you online!
Live streaming HERE