Difference between revisions of "OWASP APK DISSECTOR"
|Line 113:||Line 113:|
|Line 124:||Line 122:|
=Minimum Viable Product=
=Minimum Viable Product=
Revision as of 22:06, 4 April 2017
OWASP APK Dissector is an automated tool to perform static security analysis of Mobile Application. The tool is uses useful opensource application and tries to automate the process of security analysis. Right now it can perform automation on APK files only and there is a plan to enrich its features.
OWASP Apk Dissector
Basic useful feature list:
* Purely Java Based * Analyze the contents of the APK file * Decompile and extract the contents of the APK file * Decompile the DEX files to JAVA source files (.dex to .java) [ New feature in v2.0 ]
How to use this application ?
* By building from git source * - You can clone/download the source and import in Eclipse and then run the ApkDissector.java file * Or available Executable Jar * - Download and extract the zip file containing the executable Jar file from https://sourceforge.net/projects/apkdissector/
You can clone/download the source and import in Eclipse and then run the ApkDissector.java file
Double click and open the jar file
* Select APK/DEX - Browse Selects the APK/DEX file. * Analyze - Find information about the contents inside the apk file. * Decompile APK/DEX - Decompile and extracts the contents on the APK file.
How to decompile an APK file ?
Once you click decompile it will create a folder called extract and inside that you will find a folder having same name as the file where you will get all the extracted contents of the apk
* Select APK/DEX - Click this button to browse and select the APK file. * Decompile APK/DEX - Click this button to decompile and extracts the contents on the APK file. * All the extracted files will be with in extracts directory within the folder name <apkfileName>.apk
How to decompile the DEX file ?
* Select APK/DEX - Click this button to browse and select the DEX file which will be located inside the extracts/<apkfileName>.apk directory * Decompile APK/DEX - Click this button to decompile and extracts the contents on the DEX file. * All the extracted files will be under extracts within <apkFilename.apk>\DEX_extracts
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the link GNU Affero General Public License 3.0 as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
How can I participate in your project?
All you have to do is make the Project Leader's aware of your available time to contribute to the project. It is also important to let the Leader's know how you would like to contribute and pitch in to help the project meet it's goals and milestones. There are many different ways you can contribute to an OWASP Project, but communication with the leads is key.
If I am not a programmer can I participate in your project?
Yes, you can certainly participate in the project if you are not a programmer or technical. The project needs different skills and expertise and different times during its development. Currently, we are looking for researchers, writers, graphic designers, and a project administrator. See the Road Map and Getting Involved tab for more details.
The first contributors to the project were:
Some of the ways you can help are as follows:
The scanner has various module . Each module is independent of other . The project will be extended by adding more modules to it.