Difference between revisions of "November 8, 2016"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Staff Reports)
m
 
(36 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Agenda
+
===Time===
 +
* Date/Time:  November 8, 1800 EST [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=11&day=08&hour=22&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=263&p4=78&p5=37&p6=102&p7=152 TimeZone Converter]
 +
 
 +
===Location=== 
 +
 
 +
'''Teleconference Information:'''
 +
 
 +
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/861328838
 +
 
 +
[[International Toll Free Calling Information]]
 +
 
 +
=== Attendance Tracker===
 +
'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdG5uRzNYZE8ycDFabnBWNkU4SFpwREE Board Meeting Attendance Tracker]'''
 +
 
 +
===Notice of Recording===
 +
 
 +
*Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
 +
*Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
 +
*[https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0yxedKRQADib3RmSHBBMmVfMXM Meeting Recording]
 +
 
 +
=== Meeting Minutes===
 +
::- [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/119FJ2G2EdsVnz8vnxWv0Ee0G3uWMTSVqyxt_1CVrHiY/edit?usp=sharing September meeting minutes]
 +
 
 +
::- [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1rQpG5pXUEcdUddY4FeBI6mw0GAgzAxs2Mcb-8qe4tqY/edit?usp=sharing October meeting minutes]
 +
 
 +
::- [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1GFIlJhDLS5npF6sZdoK28u5hyOEFvxrxIRrD640NLJI/edit?usp=sharing November Meeting Minutes]
 +
 
 +
= Reading Material  =
 +
'''''It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting'''''
 +
 
 +
= Meeting Agenda =
 +
== Call to Order /OWASP Mission ==
 +
*Administrative: List of attendees and Agenda bashing (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed) (5 min)
 +
 
 +
== Reports ==
 +
=== Chair's Report - Matt Konda ===
 +
* Draft of [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZgZotdu3TglKCiyOxyQVwS16YDJj0qmEkdYz0LT7hf4/edit Strategic Goals for 2017]
 +
* Turned on [https://owasp.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk062sn ED Job Description] *this needs a budget and a call for canidate campaign/recruitment*
 +
* Draft of [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1eH-0WTRBa-x21GNsGZqOiokP0fO6oBKK8OOj3sjnhP8/edit?usp=sharing OWASP Staff Training Policy]
 +
* Moved Co-Marketing Agreements back to Kate
 +
* Belfast Contracts and Moved Away from Troy
 +
* OWASP Glue Project
 +
 
 +
=== Vice Chair's Report - Josh Sokol ===
 +
TBA
 +
 
 +
=== Treasurer Report - Andrew van der Stock ===
 +
 
 +
=== Secretary Report -Tobias Gondrom ===
 +
Nothing to report
 +
 
 +
=== Updated from Members at Large - Tom Brennan, Michael Coates, and Tobias Gondrom ===
 +
 
 +
* Coates - Chapters
 +
TBA
 +
 
 +
* Carter - Governance
 +
TBA
 +
 
 +
* Brennan - Projects
 +
Matt T., has been recruited, hired and empowered to drive the job description that was [https://www.owasp.org/images/a/a1/OWASP_Project_Coordinator-FabioTobiasAug25.pdf written]. Good job to him and the staff for working together on key objectives.  Next is the website effort, budget was allocated and removed. This is a issue and needs discussion of issue and solution.  Invest in owasp and budget appropriately as one does with a 2M business.
 +
 
 +
-2017 Project Summits
 +
 
 +
- Industry moving
 +
pubilc/private, m&a, opensource
  
 +
Project Flows
 +
- Examples [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Inventory#tab=Labs_Projects Labs Current], [https://github.com/opendxl/opendxl-client-python/blob/master/LICENSE OpenDXL], [https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/ ZAP Proxy] and [http://www.bugheist.com/ BugHeist] models of open source and other [http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/lfcs15_hall.pdf Open Source business models]
  
 +
- Local project chapters
  
 
==Staff Reports==
 
==Staff Reports==
** Director/Operations Update - Kate
+
==Staff Reports==
 +
** [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/12Php1gJuT7lednfKxdv9QegLeVjFHW2xmnVwOsUgmU8/edit?usp=sharing Director/Operations Update] - Kate
 
** Financial Update - Andrew/Tom
 
** Financial Update - Andrew/Tom
** Event Manager Report - Laura Grau
+
** [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZY3AEF53AlYwh-6hCqO6W47_9r6ALxe2g9FYSyuAyaQ/edit?usp=sharing Event Manager Report] - Laura Grau
** [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/presentation/d/1I7z1smEAtKIYV2_5lASuQJZcG51F5znfo-p9WKNxOc8/edit?usp=sharing | Project_Coordinator_Update] - Claudia Casanovas & Matt Tesauro  
+
** [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/presentation/d/1I7z1smEAtKIYV2_5lASuQJZcG51F5znfo-p9WKNxOc8/edit?usp=sharing| Project_Coordinator_Update] - Claudia Casanovas & Matt Tesauro  
** Community Manager Report- Tiffany Long  
+
** [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-4fIJfiLa8l02Hf1XBMqRYEiY2z6g4qwln-_ZLQ6GIs/edit?usp=sharing Community Manager Report]- Tiffany Long  
 
** [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/October_2016_Membership_Report October 2016 Membership Report] - Kelly Santalucia
 
** [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/October_2016_Membership_Report October 2016 Membership Report] - Kelly Santalucia
 +
 +
==Old Business==
 +
 +
All active board proposals are listed [https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing here]
 +
 +
==New Business==
 +
 +
* [http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2016-October/017563.html Request for 150K USD seed fund for the OWASP-DevSecCon Summit in April 2017 in the UK]
 +
* Policy on [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eH-0WTRBa-x21GNsGZqOiokP0fO6oBKK8OOj3sjnhP8/edit OWASP Staff Training]
 +
* Strategic Goals [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZgZotdu3TglKCiyOxyQVwS16YDJj0qmEkdYz0LT7hf4/edit Proposed 2017 Goal]
 +
* What does a future OWASP look like? Directional aspirations and impacts to type of ED [Michael]
 +
 +
 +
Additional Notes to 150K Seed Fund:<br>
 +
We are gathering a team with ample experience in organizing owasp (and other) events, including the last 2 owasp summits.<br>
 +
By focusing on the content and outcome objectives we are creating the necessary momentum for this summit.<br>
 +
In parallel we are putting in motion the logistics for this summit (venue, catering, sponsoring, ...)<br>
 +
<br>
 +
We will definitely try to make this a "budget-neutral" event, by:<br>
 +
1) having people cover their participation themselves<br>
 +
2) having sponsors that cover part of the costs<br>
 +
3) tapping into the under-used chapter and project funds<br>
 +
 +
At this stage we want to be sure to have the support from the board & staff and have a "seed-fund" of 150K USD.<br>
 +
I count on your (and the complete board) to support this new summit.<br>
 +
Seba & Dinis
 +
 +
== Action Items==
 +
 +
 +
==Announcements==
 +
 +
Election results: 
 +
 +
The three open board seats shall be filled by:
 +
Andrew van der Stock
 +
Matt Konda
 +
Johanna Curiel
 +
 +
[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Foundation_ByLaws Bylaws in effect] Section 2.2
 +
 +
=============
 +
 +
2016 Election - https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2016_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election
 +
 +
2015 Election - https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2015_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election
 +
 +
2017 Board
 +
 +
 +
OWASP Board Chair  _________________
 +
 +
OWASP Board Vice Chair  ______________
 +
 +
OWASP Board Treasurer ___________________
 +
 +
OWASP Board Secretary  ___________________
 +
 +
OWASP Board Member  ____________________
 +
 +
OWASP Board Member _____________________
 +
 +
OWASP Board Member _____________________
 +
 +
==Adjournment==
 +
*Next meeting date/time: [https://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=December_14,_2016 December 14 2016 1500-1630 PST] [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=12&day=14&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=263&p4=78&p5=37&p6=102&p7=152 TimeZone Converter ]
 +
 +
==Motion to close meeting==
 +
 +
 +
Agenda
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +
==Extra points==

Latest revision as of 13:08, 14 December 2016

Time

Location

Teleconference Information:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/861328838

International Toll Free Calling Information

Attendance Tracker

Board Meeting Attendance Tracker

Notice of Recording

  • Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
  • Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
  • Meeting Recording

Meeting Minutes

- September meeting minutes
- October meeting minutes
- November Meeting Minutes

Reading Material

It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting

Meeting Agenda

Call to Order /OWASP Mission

  • Administrative: List of attendees and Agenda bashing (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed) (5 min)

Reports

Chair's Report - Matt Konda

Vice Chair's Report - Josh Sokol

TBA

Treasurer Report - Andrew van der Stock

Secretary Report -Tobias Gondrom

Nothing to report

Updated from Members at Large - Tom Brennan, Michael Coates, and Tobias Gondrom

  • Coates - Chapters

TBA

  • Carter - Governance

TBA

  • Brennan - Projects

Matt T., has been recruited, hired and empowered to drive the job description that was written. Good job to him and the staff for working together on key objectives. Next is the website effort, budget was allocated and removed. This is a issue and needs discussion of issue and solution. Invest in owasp and budget appropriately as one does with a 2M business.

-2017 Project Summits

- Industry moving pubilc/private, m&a, opensource

Project Flows - Examples Labs Current, OpenDXL, ZAP Proxy and BugHeist models of open source and other Open Source business models

- Local project chapters

Staff Reports

Staff Reports

Old Business

All active board proposals are listed here

New Business


Additional Notes to 150K Seed Fund:
We are gathering a team with ample experience in organizing owasp (and other) events, including the last 2 owasp summits.
By focusing on the content and outcome objectives we are creating the necessary momentum for this summit.
In parallel we are putting in motion the logistics for this summit (venue, catering, sponsoring, ...)

We will definitely try to make this a "budget-neutral" event, by:
1) having people cover their participation themselves
2) having sponsors that cover part of the costs
3) tapping into the under-used chapter and project funds

At this stage we want to be sure to have the support from the board & staff and have a "seed-fund" of 150K USD.
I count on your (and the complete board) to support this new summit.
Seba & Dinis

Action Items

Announcements

Election results:

The three open board seats shall be filled by: Andrew van der Stock Matt Konda Johanna Curiel

Bylaws in effect Section 2.2

=

2016 Election - https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2016_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election

2015 Election - https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2015_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election

2017 Board


OWASP Board Chair _________________

OWASP Board Vice Chair ______________

OWASP Board Treasurer ___________________

OWASP Board Secretary ___________________

OWASP Board Member ____________________

OWASP Board Member _____________________

OWASP Board Member _____________________

Adjournment

Motion to close meeting

Agenda



Extra points