Difference between revisions of "New Zealand"
m (→OWASP New Zealand Day 2009 - 13th July 2009)
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
OWASP New Day 2009 is the first <b>free</b> all day security conference entirely dedicated to web application security!
Register your attendance now!
Register your attendance now!
Revision as of 22:12, 3 March 2009
Welcome to the OWASP New Zealand Local Chapter
Welcome to the OWASP New Zealand chapter site.
Get involved! All OWASP chapter meetings are free and open to anyone interested in application security and New Zealand is no different. We encourage members to give presentations on any OWASP related topic and to share their knowledge with the rest of the OWASP NZ chapter. Please also subscribe to the OWASP NZ Mailing-list to receive future event announcements or access previous posts.
OWASP New Zealand Day 2009 - 13th July 2009
OWASP New Zealand Day 2009 is the first free all day security conference entirely dedicated to web application security! Register your attendance now!
For more information, please visit: OWASP New Zealand Day 2009
New Zealand chapter meetings are unique and utilise the video or audio conferencing facilities available between Auckland & Wellington provided by one of our co-sponsors. As a result meetings take place in two cities at the same time.
Due to out of hours security restrictions, you may have to be escorted inside the buildings where the meetings are held. If there is no one at the door on your arrival, please be patient or call one of the appropriate onsite contact numbers below.
The 19th March
- Vodafone New Zealand
- Ground Floor
- 20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue
- NOTE: Event registration is mandatory. Please confirm your attendance by sending an email to Roberto Suggi Liverani.
- Onsite Contact: Roberto Suggi Liverani (021 928 780) - Rob Munro (021 677 785)
- 3rd Floor Lumley House
- Hunter Street
- Onsite Contact: Blair Strang (021 229 7231)
- 18h00 - 18h30: Networking / Food, Drinks
- 18h30 - 19h20: Paul Craig, Principal Security Consultant (www.security-assessment.com) - ActiveX Exploitation in 2009
- 19h30 - 20h20: Muhaimin Dzulfakar, Security Consultant (www.security-assessment.com) - Mysqloit - remote shell on systems running Mysql database server.
- 20h30 - 21h00: Wrap up.
As always, free!
OWASP New Zealand members actively participate in various OWASP activities. The following are some recent activities undertaken by OWASP NZ members:
- Brett Moore will be speaking at OWASP AU Conference about "Vulnerabilities In Action".
- Roberto Suggi Liverani contributed to the OWASP Testing Guide v3.
- Mark Piper took his "On the job browser exploitation" talk to the OWASP_Australia_AppSec_2008_Conference.
- Rob Munro has been appointed as OWASP Evangelist
- OWASP NZ has audio/video conference capability between Auckland and Wellington
OWASP NZ Members
We are always looking for additional board members to evangelise the OWASP mission help with meetings, projects and initiatives as we all know it takes time/effort to run a chapter. Please contact us if you are interested to join the NZ OWASP board member or for any queries related to OWASP NZ.
The chapter mailing address is:
17 Woodberry Drive
Dannemora, Auckland 2016