OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is and open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
The Chapter Mailing Address is:
Mastek Ltd, Unit 183, SDF 6,
SEEPZ, Andheri (E), Mumbai 400 096.
Upcoming OWASP Mumbai Chapter Meeting
Date: Tentative in March 2009
Venue: To be declared soon !!
Call for Presentations: OWASP Mumbai February 2009 Meet OWASP Mumbai Chapter calls for papers for presentation for its upcoming meet in March 2009. If you are interested in speaking at the event, sharing your thoughts, send in your topic brief (100 words) and your brief profile.
Interested in Sponsoring?? Send a mail to dharmeshmm at owasp dot org to understand the sponsorship details.
Registrations OPEN !! OWASP Chapter Meetings are FREE to attend. Kindly drop a mail to dharmeshmm at owasp dot org with following details to register for the event. Your Name: Your Organization/Institution: Your Designation: Your Contact No.:
Event Sponsors : Sun StartUp Essentials & Mastek
Sun StartUp Essentials - The Sun StartUp Essentials program is designed specifically to help startups get off the ground rapidly and at lower cost. The program consists of discounted or free products and services designed with startups in mind. In addition a quick application and online catalogue delivers what you need fast. Website: in.sun.com/startupessentials/
Mastek is an international software solutions and integration services provider that designs, develops, integrates and maintains business applications to enable enterprises to solve complex, mission-critical business problems. Mastek also provides Application Security Consulting and Services like Defense Solutions, Secure Design Reviews, Application Security Workshops and Web Application Security Assessments. Website: www.mastek.com
Summary of OWASP Mumbai Chapter Meetings Held To-Date
Topics presented till date:
1. Secure coding fundamentals - Richard Lewis, Tech Mahindra
2. Threat Analysis and Modeling - Dharmesh Mehta, Mastek
3. 5 ways to lose your user's password - Shalini Gupta, Runa Dwibedi - Paladion Networks
4. Significance of Random Numbers in Application Security - Richard Lewis, Tech Mahindra
5. Defeating Java Decompilation - Girish Kulkarni, Tech Mahindra
6. /GS Security Check in Visual Studio - Chanda Dutta et al, Tech Mahindra
7. Black Vector of Web Exploitation - Aditya Sood, Sec Niche [Download Presentation]
8. End User Privacy Breaches : Rishi Narang, ThirdBrigade [Download Presentation]
9. Privacy on the Web - The road ahead in the 21st century : Yogesh Badwe, Orange Business Services [Download Presentation]
10. Testing Large Number of Applications - Madhumita Iyer, Paladion Networks [Download Presentation]
11. Wireless Security - Sheetal Joseph, Tech Mahindra [Download Presentation]
Roster of OWASP Speakers with Profiles
1. Anuradha Srinivasan, Technical Analyst with Mastek, is working with the Application Security Assurance Team for the last 1.5 year. She has 2.5 years of experience in Java development. She is currently involved in conducting Security Assessments and trainings for projects across Mastek.
2. Richard Lewis, Senior Security Consultant with Tech Mahindra, has 8 years of information security experience. Before joining Tech Mahindra, he worked for Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Richard works in the e-security group of Tech Mahindra and is building a security fabric for secure software development. Richard has a programming background in C, C++, device drivers and MFC. Richard has led the development of two nation-level PKI deployments (India, UK). He has also led the development of a desktop encryptor, authentication SDK and cryptographic SDK. Richard is married, lives with his wife and daughter in busy Mumbai and loves to read the Bible and engage in church outreach work. Richard maintains a blog on application security at http://SecureApps.Blogspot.com
3. Dharmesh M Mehta, Technical Analyst with Mastek, works with the Application Security Assurance Team at Mastek. He is involved in conducting security assessments, threat modeling and conducting security workshops for the developer community. He is also a Certified | Ethical Hacker. Dharmesh is the Chapter Leader for OWASP, Mumbai Chapter. You can read Dharmesh's Blog on Smart Security at http://smartsecurity.blogspot.com
4. Shalini Gupta, Associate Security Consultant at Paladion. She completed her MPIT (Network Specialization) from SCIT in 2005. With Paladion she has an experience of more than 1.5 years in the application security field. Among her other contributions in the area of Application Security is a 2-part series on SSL that Shalini wrote for Palisade, the application security journal for developers.
5. Runa Dwibedi, Associate Consultant at Paladion. She is a certified BS7799 Lead Auditor. She completed her MCA from Bangalore University and also holds an MBA degree from SCDL, Pune. She has an experience of 1.5 years in development of security tools and an experience of 1 year in application security field. She is also actively involved in writing and publishing articles for Palisade.
6. Girish Kulkarni has 2.5 years of information security experience. Before joining Tech Mahindra, he was employed with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Girish currently works in the Enterprise DRM group as Technical Associate and is part of DRM product development team. Girish has a programming background in JAVA and is also proficient in JAVA swing. He has been involved in a very large PKI deployment for the Indian government.
7. Chanda Dutta, Divya Makhija, Sugita Kumari, Upma Sharma – Trainees pursuing PGDM-Software Development and Management from Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology. Upma is pursuing PGDM-Systems from the same institute. They work in the Secure Software Engineering practice at Tech Mahindra.
8. Aditya Sood – Independent Security Researcher. He is the founder of SecNiche (www.secniche.org). He has been an active speaker at CERT-IN and XFocus - XCon (China).
9. Rishi Narang – Vulnerability Research Analyst, Third Brigade. Before joining Third Brigade, he was employed with iPolicy Networks in Security Research Team responsible for IDS/IPS Signatures’ Development for NIPS. Hee has also worked with XIUS Telecom as Server Administrator for Linux and HP Unix Clusters. Currently, he works in the IDS/IPS Filter Development Team and is involved with Vulnerability Research, Zero day attacks & exploits most of the time.
10. Yogesh M Badwe – Senior Security Engineer, Orange Business Services. Yogesh works in the Web Application Vulnerability Assessment Domain for BFSI clients. Apart from being CCNP and ITIL Certified he also holds the cVa [Certified Vulnerability Assessor-DNV] certification. His previous experience was in the domain of Security Management & implementation of Security Event Management Products on Enterprise Networks. He carries out active research in the field of Security Event-Correlation and Next Generation Attack-Pattern Detection and has published a research paper at an international conference on computer security and forensics relating to privacy issues.
11. Madhumita Iyer – Associate Security Consultant, Paladion Networks Private Ltd. Expert in Application Security Testing, Network Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments. She has been a project leader for large scale enterprise application pen tests and has experience in Thick client, Web based and Mobile Application penetration tests.
12. Sheetal Joseph – Security Consultant, TechMahindra. She is a subject matter expert for internal line of business clients and external suppliers for security mitigation and maintenance of their internal control environment over data center operations, system development, change management, incident management and contingency planning. She is Prince2 Registered Practitioner, CISSP, CEH, BS7799 Lead Auditor and holds many more certifications.
CPE Credits for CISSP's ISC2 has approved 1 CPE for each hour of an OWASP local chapter meeting.
Chapter leader will have a sign up sheet with at least First Name, Last Name, and the date of the OWASP Meeting. After the meeting, the single sheet will be signed once by a chapter lead as proof of attendance, scanned into a .PDF, and emailed out to the chapter members with the meeting minutes so they have a copy for records and can claim CPE credits.