May 14, 2012 SB Report
Sarah Baso - Activity for April 2012 (Prepared for May 14, 2012 Board Meeting)
Note: At the April Board Meeting, it was decided to shift Sarah's primary area of responsibility to global events(previously split between chapters and conferences). Scope of responsibility and revised responsibilities is still being determined.
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership: No changes, currently 5 members: Seba Deleersnyder, Tin Zaw, Josh Sokol, Ivy Zhang, and Gustavo Barbato
- Committee Chair: Josh Sokol
- April Committee Meeting Minutes:
- 2012 Chapters Committee Budget - $17,257.80 of $25,000 remaining ($7,742.29 spent).
- Ongoing - Work with Kate Hartmann to ensure that chapter-related requests through Contact Us Form are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ongoing - Setting up new chapters -- @owasp.org email accounts, wiki page, mailing list, add to leader mailing list, and ensure chapter appears on regonline chapter list.
- Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
- Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.
- Coordinating Chapters Workshops at 4 Global AppSec Events and possibly AppSec India. Workshop in Sydney - expecting between 15 & 20 people
- Completed collection of Chapter Handbook acknowledgements and inventory of all active chapters & chapter leaders (Q1 goal)
- Responses to Chapter Handbook Acknowledgement form: 334 leaders, 180 Chapters
- Active Chapters: 180
- Active Chapter Leaders/Board Members: 388
- Estimated Chapters determined as inactive as result of inventory: 15
New Chapters and Chapter restarts in April: 3
- Canberra, Australia - Andrew Muller
- Rhode Island - Patrick Laverty
- Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia - Muhanad Shahat
- Ahmedabad, India
- Manila, India
- Khartoum, Sudan (Approved, just needs to be set up)
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership: New member - Benny Ketelslegers, currently 8 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, Lucas Ferreira, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, and Lorna Alamri.
- Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
- April/May Committee Meeting Minutes: May 3 - note, since April meeting didn't occur until May 3, committee plans to have a 2nd meeting before the end of the month.
- [AppSec APAC 2013] approved for Jeju, South Korea.
- Global Conferences Committee Budget - $32,618.82 of $40,000 remaining ($7381.18 spent).
Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):
- Ongoing - Updated and monitored google form for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
- Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.
- Event wrap up for AppSec DC - Regional Event
- Registration #s - 315 people registered for conference (140 Paid, 175 Comps), 62 people registered for paid training
- Sponsorship income $43,000
- Sponsors: Aspect Security, Securicon, Mandiant, Trustwave, Codenomicon, WhiteHat, nVisium, Bayshore Networks, Core Security, Secure Ideas
- Conference Profit: $16,500 USD
- Slides Posted
- Event wrap up forAppSec APAC - Global
- Registration #s: 175 people registered for conference (62 Paid, 113 Comps), 43 people registered for paid training
- Sponsorship income $34,000; Sponsors: Fortify/HP, AppSecure, Imperva, Trustwave, Content Security, GA Systems, Ionize
- Event Slides posted
- Conference Loss - $16,200 USD
- Sarah Baso Event Report
AppSec Europe Research - Global
- Sponsors - F5, Cigital, Trustwave(Global), Gotham Digital
- Updates - CFP and CFT released, event registration open through CVENT, room block finalized with Divani Caravel Hotel.
AppSec India - Regional
- event website
- Sponsors - Torrid
- Expected attendance - 500+
- Update - need to review their sponsorship document and find out how they will be handling/processing money for the event
AppSec USA - Global
- Sponsors - Aspect Security, Trustwave (Global & Lanyard), IBM, NetSpi
- Update - CFP and CFT released, details and first round of keynotes and featured speakers posted to conference website
- Registration (through Cvent) to open within next few days, event page set up - just waiting on possible integration with Hyatt Austin reservation system
AppSec Latam - Global
- Sponsors - Trustwave (Global & Lanyard)
- Update - Proposed venue no longer available, Sarah to set up venue RFP through Cvent ASAP.