March 16, 2016

From OWASP
Revision as of 16:18, 17 March 2016 by Paul Ritchie (talk | contribs) (Dial In Info)

Jump to: navigation, search

Dial In Info

Notice of Recording

Time

TimeZone Converter

Location

Teleconference Information:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/861328838

International Toll Free Calling Information

Attendance Tracker

Board Meeting Attendance Tracker

Meeting Minutes

Reading Material

It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting

1. NEW -

2. NEW -

3. Jan 2016 Financial Detail P&L in Excel format

  • Note Cash Balance for Foundation is ‘trending’ lower, although this will reverse now that AppSec Rome Registration is Open. Also, A/R is sitting at $199,623 pending collections with virtually no bad debt. AP is small at $17,000. Also see sheet called 'Board Summary' for best snapshot of P&L.

4. >> READ Staff Status reports below.

Meeting Agenda

Call to Order /OWASP Mission

Open Meeting - Start Recording, List attendees and Agenda update (only if last-minute changes are needed) (5 min)

  • Approve minutes from February 17, 2016.

Actionable Agenda Topics

Discussion Topics

  • April 20 and May 18 Board meeting schedule (Josh)

Misc. Topics (10-15 Minutes)

  • Membership - why do many chapters have a -ve balance (ajv)
  • Membership - why do many chapters have a $0 balance for memberships when they have members (ajv)
  • Membership - what can we do to encourage OWASP membership? Business cards with a QR code? Membership drive? Announcements for chapter leaders to read out at the start of every meeting? What works? (ajv) Pro-active distribution of new materials and summary digest in a "push out" model? Similar to community update and news flashes ... maybe with slightly different models for content for developers?(mk)

Old Business

All active board proposals are listed here

  • We did not have an e-mail discussion of the clarification of "Active leaders" during the last month, so no e-vote.

New Business

  • Needs assessment update (Kate)

Action Item Follow-Up

Reports

Chairmain's Report - Matt Konda

Detail here: https://trello.com/b/YWY4pf8I/global-board

  • Working with Kelly, Kate on sponsor package for software companies. (In progress)
  • Working with Kelly, Kate, Claudia on developer outreach. (In progress)
    • Talking with O'Reilly conferences.
  • Trying to help with projects. Talked with Simon, Dinis, John Melton. Reached out to Apache Software Foundation for ideas. (In progress)
  • ED Review (Under review)
  • Ongoing commits to pipeline project (security checks tool)

Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol

  • Update on efforts with bug bounty program

Treasurer Report - Andrew van der Stock

  • This month was very quiet.
  • I've reviewed the January 2016 P&L summary sheet. It does not contain a lot of (obvious? any?) detail for March 2016.

- I would like a new P&L summary every month. If this sheet is hard to do, will talk to Paul and Laura about gaining access to the raw data.

  • There was one expense for $27k relating to a booking for AppSec USA (it's a surprise) that will be broken into three smaller payments, which means I don't have to approve it, but it's within the budget for AppSec USA.
  • I did not approve any expenses over $10k as none arose.
  • Expenses are generally raised and approved in a timely fashion.

Secretary Report - Jim Manico

No secretary updates this month.

Updates from Members at Large

  • Michael Coates (Chapters)
  • Tom Brennan (Projects)
  • Tobias Gondrom (Governance)

Reports

Community Initiative Reports

  • TODO

Announcements

  • TODO

Adjournment

  • The Board will hold a confidential Board-only meeting following the close of the public meeting
  • Willing to shift to March 15?
  • Next meeting date/time: March 16, 2016, 16:00-17:00 PST - TimeZone Converter

Motion to close meeting