Difference between revisions of "March 16, 2016"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Reports)
(Reports)
 
(29 intermediate revisions by 9 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
* [https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v88xcox5rb6pkc/2016-01-13%2016.09%20OWASP%20Board%20Meeting.wmv?dl=0 Recording of 13 January 2016 OWASP Board Meeting]
 
* [https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v88xcox5rb6pkc/2016-01-13%2016.09%20OWASP%20Board%20Meeting.wmv?dl=0 Recording of 13 January 2016 OWASP Board Meeting]
 
* [https://www.dropbox.com/s/rksh4zr5sf6z2un/2016-02-17%2015.02%20OWASP%20Board%20Meeting.wmv?dl=0 Recording of 17 February 2016 OWASP Board Meeting]
 
* [https://www.dropbox.com/s/rksh4zr5sf6z2un/2016-02-17%2015.02%20OWASP%20Board%20Meeting.wmv?dl=0 Recording of 17 February 2016 OWASP Board Meeting]
 +
* [https://www.dropbox.com/s/ciqisz1cobvxfwk/2016-03-16%2016.02%20OWASP%20Board%20Meeting.wmv?dl=0 Recording of 16 March 2016 OWASP Board Meeting]
  
 
===Time===
 
===Time===
* March 16, 2016, 16:00-17:30 PST - [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?
+
* March 16, 2016, 16:00-17:30 PST - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?
 
[http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=03&day=16&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=263&p4=78&p5=37&p6=102&p7=152  TimeZone Converter ]
 
[http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=03&day=16&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=263&p4=78&p5=37&p6=102&p7=152  TimeZone Converter ]
 +
 
===Location===   
 
===Location===   
  
Line 22: Line 24:
 
=== Meeting Minutes===
 
=== Meeting Minutes===
  
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgJB0B98pP2-THUMks0fNf_yZmGsDKs_uCJMsAYuZ-Y/edit Jan.2016 Meeting Minutes for Approval]  
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xGrNduAoAf2cZ9Xgup431SbZw-qjL5JZqukHIfWTyBI/edit# 16 March 2016 Board Meeting Minutes]
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1J9BZ2DIgItMpajbAaPGzA1HcbkVQ5SKzfLUFDa06H4s/edit?usp=sharing 17 February 2016 Board Meeting Minutes]
+
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1J9BZ2DIgItMpajbAaPGzA1HcbkVQ5SKzfLUFDa06H4s/edit?usp=sharing 17 February 2016 Board Meeting Minutes for Approval]
  
 
= Reading Material  =
 
= Reading Material  =
Line 32: Line 34:
 
2.  NEW -
 
2.  NEW -
  
3.  NEW
+
3.  [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mh6DSX7M9psqsyNFfyvNxQAf7w3c83DOKyyol7G8GN4/edit?usp=sharing Jan 2016 Financial Detail P&L in Excel format]
 +
* Note Cash Balance for Foundation is ‘trending’ lower, although this will reverse now that AppSec Rome Registration is Open.  Also, A/R is sitting at $199,623 pending collections with virtually no bad debt.  AP is small at $17,000.  Also see sheet called 'Board Summary' for best snapshot of P&L.
  
 
4.  >> READ Staff Status reports below.
 
4.  >> READ Staff Status reports below.
 
* How To Host a Conference Policy Statements - Updated March 11.
 
* How To Host a Conference Policy Statements - Updated March 11.
 
* OWASP Branding Guidelines - Updated and clarified, as of March 11
 
* OWASP Branding Guidelines - Updated and clarified, as of March 11
 +
* [https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d4/Laura_GrauMarch2016ConferenceManagerReport.pdf Laura Grau - Conference Manager Report - March 2016]
  
 
= Meeting Agenda =
 
= Meeting Agenda =
Line 48: Line 52:
 
== Discussion Topics ==
 
== Discussion Topics ==
 
* April 20 and May 18 Board meeting schedule (Josh)
 
* April 20 and May 18 Board meeting schedule (Josh)
 
*
 
  
 
== Misc. Topics  (10-15 Minutes) ==
 
== Misc. Topics  (10-15 Minutes) ==
*  
+
* Membership - why do many chapters have a -ve balance (ajv)
 +
* Membership - why do many chapters have a $0 balance for memberships when they have members (ajv)
 +
* Membership - what can we do to encourage OWASP membership? Business cards with a QR code? Membership drive? Announcements for chapter leaders to read out at the start of every meeting? What works? (ajv)  Pro-active distribution of new materials and summary digest in a "push out" model? Similar to community update and news flashes ... maybe with slightly different models for content for developers?(mk)
  
 
==Old Business==
 
==Old Business==
 
All active board proposals are listed [https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing here]
 
All active board proposals are listed [https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing here]
  
*  
+
* We did not have an e-mail discussion of the clarification of "Active leaders" during the last month, so no e-vote.
  
 
==New Business==
 
==New Business==
.
+
 
 +
* Needs assessment update (Kate)
  
 
== Action Item Follow-Up ==
 
== Action Item Follow-Up ==
Line 68: Line 73:
 
=== Chairmain's Report - Matt Konda ===
 
=== Chairmain's Report - Matt Konda ===
 
Detail here:  https://trello.com/b/YWY4pf8I/global-board
 
Detail here:  https://trello.com/b/YWY4pf8I/global-board
 +
 +
* Working with Kelly, Kate on sponsor package for software companies.  (In progress)
 +
* Working with Kelly, Kate, Claudia on developer outreach.  (In progress)
 +
** Talking with O'Reilly conferences.
 +
* Trying to help with projects.  Talked with Simon, Dinis, John Melton.  Reached out to Apache Software Foundation for ideas.  (In progress)
 +
* ED Review  (Under review)
 +
* Ongoing commits to pipeline project (security checks tool)
  
 
=== Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol ===
 
=== Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol ===
*TODO
+
* Update on efforts with bug bounty program
 +
 
 
=== Treasurer Report - Andrew van der Stock ===
 
=== Treasurer Report - Andrew van der Stock ===
 +
 +
* This month was very quiet.
 +
* I've reviewed the January 2016 P&L summary sheet. It does not contain a lot of (obvious? any?) detail for March 2016.
 +
- I would like a new P&L summary every month. If this sheet is hard to do, will talk to Paul and Laura about gaining access to the raw data.
 +
* There was one expense for $27k relating to a booking for AppSec USA (it's a surprise) that will be broken into three smaller payments, which means I don't have to approve it, but it's within the budget for AppSec USA.
 +
* I did not approve any expenses over $10k as none arose.
 +
* Expenses are generally raised and approved in a timely fashion.
  
 
=== Secretary Report - Jim Manico  ===
 
=== Secretary Report - Jim Manico  ===
*TODO
+
No secretary updates this month.
 +
 
 
=== Updates from Members at Large  ===
 
=== Updates from Members at Large  ===
 
* Michael Coates (Chapters)
 
* Michael Coates (Chapters)
 +
* Tom Brennan (Projects)
 +
* Tobias Gondrom (Governance)
  
 
==Reports==
 
==Reports==
 
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/106bTJRgGyrNzAxB8PdIEtuOeJz6Axc2G1_3AoGz5CLk/edit?usp=sharing Executive Director Status Report for 16 March 2016]   
 
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/106bTJRgGyrNzAxB8PdIEtuOeJz6Axc2G1_3AoGz5CLk/edit?usp=sharing Executive Director Status Report for 16 March 2016]   
**  
+
** [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oidczFWz3uBHsM11GRUhtJVyEBI3RbCLPqXKB-iJ6bk/edit?usp=sharing 2016 Strategic Goals, Progress YTD]
* Membership & Business Liaison Report - Kelly Santalucia   
+
* [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/February_2016_Membership_Report Membership Report] - Kelly Santalucia   
**
+
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1-JPe4VItev8TJvI2oM9C7fi4dg7qy3n2dBYqfbfOzN8/edit?usp=sharing| Event Manager Report] - Laura Grau  
* Event Manager Report - Laura Grau  
+
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1qIeyXy9Tq8AkMU0i2V-ZCR7SxpL55UlPEOqsBrK1Pps/edit?usp=sharing Operations Report] - Kate Hartmann  
* Operations Report - Kate Hartmann  
+
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/presentation/d/1B1Lmu5bgnDl7P2ztlnWjDDOi0W1xX2l59_QKctiC0WU/edit?usp=sharing Project Coordinator Report]-Claudia Casanovas
* Project Coordinator Report - Claudia Casanovas  
 
 
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-4fIJfiLa8l02Hf1XBMqRYEiY2z6g4qwln-_ZLQ6GIs/edit?usp=sharing Community Manager Report] -Noreen Whysel  
 
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-4fIJfiLa8l02Hf1XBMqRYEiY2z6g4qwln-_ZLQ6GIs/edit?usp=sharing Community Manager Report] -Noreen Whysel  
 
* IT Update from Matt T.
 
* IT Update from Matt T.
Line 97: Line 119:
  
 
==Adjournment==
 
==Adjournment==
 +
* The Board will hold a confidential Board-only meeting following the close of the public meeting
 
* Willing to shift to March 15?
 
* Willing to shift to March 15?
 
* Next meeting date/time: [[March 16, 2016]], 16:00-17:00 PST - [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=03&day=16&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=263&p4=78&p5=37&p6=102&p7=152  TimeZone Converter ]
 
* Next meeting date/time: [[March 16, 2016]], 16:00-17:00 PST - [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=03&day=16&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=24&p3=263&p4=78&p5=37&p6=102&p7=152  TimeZone Converter ]
  
 
==Motion to close meeting==
 
==Motion to close meeting==

Latest revision as of 14:31, 18 April 2016

Dial In Info

Notice of Recording

Time

TimeZone Converter

Location

Teleconference Information:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/861328838

International Toll Free Calling Information

Attendance Tracker

Board Meeting Attendance Tracker

Meeting Minutes

Reading Material

It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting

1. NEW -

2. NEW -

3. Jan 2016 Financial Detail P&L in Excel format

  • Note Cash Balance for Foundation is ‘trending’ lower, although this will reverse now that AppSec Rome Registration is Open. Also, A/R is sitting at $199,623 pending collections with virtually no bad debt. AP is small at $17,000. Also see sheet called 'Board Summary' for best snapshot of P&L.

4. >> READ Staff Status reports below.

Meeting Agenda

Call to Order /OWASP Mission

Open Meeting - Start Recording, List attendees and Agenda update (only if last-minute changes are needed) (5 min)

  • Approve minutes from February 17, 2016.

Actionable Agenda Topics

Discussion Topics

  • April 20 and May 18 Board meeting schedule (Josh)

Misc. Topics (10-15 Minutes)

  • Membership - why do many chapters have a -ve balance (ajv)
  • Membership - why do many chapters have a $0 balance for memberships when they have members (ajv)
  • Membership - what can we do to encourage OWASP membership? Business cards with a QR code? Membership drive? Announcements for chapter leaders to read out at the start of every meeting? What works? (ajv) Pro-active distribution of new materials and summary digest in a "push out" model? Similar to community update and news flashes ... maybe with slightly different models for content for developers?(mk)

Old Business

All active board proposals are listed here

  • We did not have an e-mail discussion of the clarification of "Active leaders" during the last month, so no e-vote.

New Business

  • Needs assessment update (Kate)

Action Item Follow-Up

Reports

Chairmain's Report - Matt Konda

Detail here: https://trello.com/b/YWY4pf8I/global-board

  • Working with Kelly, Kate on sponsor package for software companies. (In progress)
  • Working with Kelly, Kate, Claudia on developer outreach. (In progress)
    • Talking with O'Reilly conferences.
  • Trying to help with projects. Talked with Simon, Dinis, John Melton. Reached out to Apache Software Foundation for ideas. (In progress)
  • ED Review (Under review)
  • Ongoing commits to pipeline project (security checks tool)

Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol

  • Update on efforts with bug bounty program

Treasurer Report - Andrew van der Stock

  • This month was very quiet.
  • I've reviewed the January 2016 P&L summary sheet. It does not contain a lot of (obvious? any?) detail for March 2016.

- I would like a new P&L summary every month. If this sheet is hard to do, will talk to Paul and Laura about gaining access to the raw data.

  • There was one expense for $27k relating to a booking for AppSec USA (it's a surprise) that will be broken into three smaller payments, which means I don't have to approve it, but it's within the budget for AppSec USA.
  • I did not approve any expenses over $10k as none arose.
  • Expenses are generally raised and approved in a timely fashion.

Secretary Report - Jim Manico

No secretary updates this month.

Updates from Members at Large

  • Michael Coates (Chapters)
  • Tom Brennan (Projects)
  • Tobias Gondrom (Governance)

Reports

Community Initiative Reports

  • TODO

Announcements

  • TODO

Adjournment

  • The Board will hold a confidential Board-only meeting following the close of the public meeting
  • Willing to shift to March 15?
  • Next meeting date/time: March 16, 2016, 16:00-17:00 PST - TimeZone Converter

Motion to close meeting