Losing your money
__________________________________________________________________________________________Any company as a whole is made up of individuals. If the company experiences a revenue reduction, this translates down to a reduction in benefits for the employees and possibly even to a reduction of the number of its employees.
• The financial report is impacted when an application or network service level agreement is not met.
• Reduction in benefits for the individual.
• Reduction in headcount for the company.
• A company's expenses will exceed its revenues.
• Hackers invading a network or application system.
• PCI compliancy did not occur and the company is fined.
A Company's Expenses Exceed Its Revenues
The business looks at ways to reduce costs. Employee benefits are re-examined and modified to support reducing company cost thus reducing its yearly expenses.
A hacker invades a network and finds its way through an application wall. The customer’s encrypted personal data was opened and used outside in the business market. The customer files a lawsuit against the company. The company files bankruptcy.
Related Technical Impacts
- Loss of confidentiality
- Loss of integrity
- Loss of availability
- Loss of accountability
OWASP Top 10 - Ruby on Rails version, http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_62/1412000/1412042/1/print/Owasp-rails-security.pdf