- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Participation
- 3 Announcements
- 4  OWASP-Los-Angeles We are on Meetup. Please join our community here.
- 5 Become an OWASP Member TODAY
- 6 Next OWASP Meeting
- 7 May 27, 2015 7pm at Symantec - Culver City, Ca
- 8 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 9 Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- 10 June 24, 2015 7pm Symantec - Culver City, Ca
- 11 Other Events
- 11.1 ISSA-LA Seventh Annual Information Security Summit - Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:30am - 6pm @ Los Angeles Convention Center
- 11.2 ISSA-LA Summit 7 Training – Friday, June 5, 2015 @ Los Angeles Convention Center--Classes-- Secure Coding Boot Camp by Jim Manico,Information Security Boot Camp for IT Professionals by Ed Pagett & Mikhael Felker,Investigating Social Networking Sites/Darknet Investigations by Kirby Plessas,Build Your Own Pentesting Environment by Kevin Cardwell
- 12 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 13 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits:
- Meet upwards of 80-120 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting with lots of time to meet and greet attendees - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards and contact information
The cost is only $1,400
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
OWASP Foundation is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related security topic you would like to present on.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
Next OWASP Meeting
Speaker: Kelly Fitzgerald
Topic: Clever: Securing the Savvy Vector
Abstract: Depending on your age you may remember Superman or Office Space and the clever scheme to take the portions of a penny from huge number of transactions in order to un-noticeably get rich quick. What about cybercrime in the real world? In this talk we will look at the clever side of cybercrime. Real world examples, events and protection. This information will help you as a security professional look at your world with a clever view and make you better at securing your world from the clever, savvy vector.
Kelly has a BS in Computer Science from CSUSB. She was awarded a full academic scholarship from the National Science Foundation. In her senior year of college she took a job at EvidentData doing computer forensics. From there she fell in love with the dark side and purposely went in persuit of a career in computer security looking at the bleedy places where people and technology bruise. Kelly has worked at Symantec since 2003 and has two single-filer patents pending.
Thanks to our sponsor: Absolute Software
sponsor info: Absolute Software is the industry standard in persistent endpoint security and management solutions for computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones—and the data they contain. Our persistence technology is built into over half a billion devices around the world.
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg OR Stuart Schwartz. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
Upcoming OWASP Meetings
ISSA-LA Seventh Annual Information Security Summit - Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:30am - 6pm @ Los Angeles Convention Center
OWASP Special 20% discount code: "SW24OC"
ISSA LA SUMMIT7 - OWASP-LA FLYER
ISSA-LA Summit 7 Training – Friday, June 5, 2015 @ Los Angeles Convention Center
Secure Coding Boot Camp by Jim Manico,
Information Security Boot Camp for IT Professionals by Ed Pagett & Mikhael Felker,
Investigating Social Networking Sites/Darknet Investigations by Kirby Plessas,
Build Your Own Pentesting Environment by Kevin Cardwell
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Mike Francis -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
- Aaron Guzman -- Board Member
- Dave Wettenstein -- Board Member
Volunteers: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org