- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 OWASP Los Angeles received the BEST Chapter Leaders award at AppSec USA NY
- 3 Become an OWASP Member TODAY
- 4 2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
- 5 Next OWASP Meeting
- 6 7pm May 28, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- 7 Sponsor: Contrast Security
- 8 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 9 Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- 10 Other Events
- 11 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 12 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
Next OWASP Meeting
**NOTE: Date for this event **
7pm May 28, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Topic: Cloud Security Through Threat Modeling
One of the most effective tools developers can implement in their security development lifecycle programs is threat modeling. Robert will discuss how effective threat modeling techniques enable developers to uncover security vulnerabilities before code is even written. Together they will reveal how threat modeling also applies to cloud environments. Whether building a hybrid model, purely commodity cloud, or Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environment, threat modeling helps identify the attack surface area and likely threat vectors. Finally, they will explain to attendees that threat modeling allows developers and operations personnel to address vulnerabilities as enterprises migrate to the cloud.
Speaker: Robert Zigweid
Robert Zigweid As an IOActive Director of Services, Robert Zigweid is responsible to both perform and ensure quality on engagements, working with clients to discover and solve network and application problems that threaten their business goals and assets. Mr. Zigweid is an accomplished developer and application tester, with advanced skills in the creation and analysis of systems architecture and threat modeling.
In addition to his direct efforts on penetration tests, security reviews, and network and application audits, Mr. Zigweid frequently contributes to the advancement of more stable, secure systems through his research and development. His research‹and the resultant presentations at top industry conferences‹furthers the formal understanding of application and network security for audiences at varying levels of technical fluency.
Mr. Zigweid also helped develop IOActive's secure coding and Software Development Lifecycle training courses, sharing his deep understanding of industry best practices and guidelines to help our clients develop applications capable of resisting both internal and external threats.
Sponsor: Contrast Security
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg OR Stuart Schwartz. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- May 28, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Topic: Cloud Security Through Threat Modeling Speaker: Robert Zigweid
Topic: Hacking Information Security Management Speaker: Mikhael Felker, Director of Security & Compliance for ReachLocal
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Mike Francis -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
- Aaron Guzman -- Board Member
- Dave Wettenstein -- Board Member
Volunteers: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org