- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 OWASP Los Angeles received the BEST Chapter Leaders award at AppSec USA NY
- 3 Become an OWASP Member TODAY
- 4 2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
- 5 Next OWASP Meeting
- 6 7pm February 19, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- 7 Sponsor: Qualys
- 8 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 9 Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- 10 Other Events
- 11 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 12 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
Next OWASP Meeting
**NOTE: Date for this event **
7pm February 19, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Topic: Building a shield of security - Vulnerability Management by the numbers and dumb robots
This presentation discusses how builders, breakers and defenders should look at vulnerability management when attempting to keep hackers at bay?? We shall discuss the most common vulnerabilities which are not detected by security tools nor automation but nevertheless are common and can be used to commit real fraud resulting in financial loss. We will look at some real world examples from the trenches, discuss business logic and authorisation testing, how we approach these and why automation does not work to detect such critical issues. We will see that Web Application Firewalls are ineffective against such attacks and why the only practical solution is to apply a layered approach across the SDLC and by focusing on the application as a logical state machine.
Speaker: Rahim Jina - BCC Risk Advisory
Rahim has been an active member of OWASP since 2008 and has contributed to many projects such as the OWASP Security Code Review Guide and is an ex-board member of the Irish Chapter. Previously Rahim was a senior security consultant at a ?big 4? professional services firm and more recently, the head of security for Fonality Inc, a VoIP service provider based in Los Angeles. Rahim is currently a director for BCC Risk Advisory (bccriskadvisory.com), based in Dublin, Ireland. He is also responsible for the security architecture of the edgescan.com vulnerability management solution.
The Leading Provider of Information Security and Compliance Cloud Solutions The QualysGuard Cloud Platform and integrated suite of solutions helps businesse s simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering cr itical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of audit ing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications.
The QualysGuard® service is used today by more than 6,700 customers in over 100 countries, including a majority of the Forbes Global 100, and performs more than 1 billion IP scans/audits per year. QualysGuard Web Application Scanning (WAS) is used by over 1000 customers worldwide.
Qualys is a proud supporter of the web applications security community through O WASP at both the global and local levels through sponsorships of projects and in itiatives such as the Web Application Security Persons of the Year (WASPY) Award s.
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg OR Stuart Schwartz. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- March 19, 2014: Joint Dinner Meeting with ISSA
- April 23, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- ISSA-LA February 19, 2014 lunch meeting at Taix French Restaurant - Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:30am - 1:45pm
- Topic: Defending against the largest DDoS attack in history and recent trends in DDoS
- Speaker: Matthew Prince – CEO, CloudFlare
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
- Mike Francis -- Board Member
- Dave W. -- Board Member
Volunteers: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org