Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
Change in Leadership
Tin Zaw has been a strong and effective visionary President and Leader for OWASP Los Angeles for several years. He will remain an active member of the Board, but effective January 1, 2013, Tin will be stepping down as Leader. Richard Greenberg -- Current Board Member, will assume this role going forward. We give our thanks to Tin for his efforts and dedication and look forward to the new year under Richard's leadership.
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
Next Meeting Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7PM Symantec Offices, Culver City
- Speaker 1: Tin Zaw
- Topic: Tales from the Crypt(o): Lessons About Secrecy from Julius Caesar to Moxie Merlinspike
- Bio: Tin Zaw is the former president of OWASP Los Angeles chapter.
- Speaker 2: Albert Tu
- Topic: Honeypots along side IT security operations
Honeypots commonly take a strategic backseat to IT security operations. This has not stopped community based security professionals and enthusiasts to harness the advantages of the honeypot to form world wide networks capturing and sourcing malicious behavior. Communities that have become vendors found opportunity in higher quality IP lists as well providing deep expertise to provide solutions to anti-fraud behavior. The combination is always worth consideration if you are a customer.
- Bio: Albert Tu is an information security professional at Farmers Insurance Exchange. His background is in vulnerability and risk management with a good amount of programming. He has a passion for solving problems of all sorts.
Sponsor: Beyond Trust
The global leader in privileged identity and threat management solutions.
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
Come see the Opening Keynote by Obama's first Cybersecurity Czar, Howard Schmidt; an OWASP Top Ten session by Jim Manico; a CISO and a Law Enforcement Panel; and much more!
AppSec USA is a world-class software security conference for technologists, auditors, risk managers, and entrepreneurs, gathering the world's top practitioner, to share the latest research and practices.
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
Volunteer OWASP Leaders: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
Volunteer OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org