- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 Change in Leadership
- 3 OWASP Mailing List
- 4 Next Meeting February 20, 7PM:
- 5 Speaker: iMan Louis
- 6 Sponsors: Arxan Technologies and Cigital
- 7 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 8 Other Events
- 9 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 10 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
Change in Leadership
Tin Zaw has been a strong and effective visionary President and Leader for OWASP Los Angeles for several years. He will remain an active member of the Board, but effective January 1, 2013, Tin will be stepping down as Leader. Richard Greenberg -- Current Board Member, will assume this role going forward. We give our thanks to Tin for his efforts and dedication and look forward to the new year under Richard's leadership.
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
OWASP Mailing List
Sign up for the OWASP Los Angeles mailing list, very low volume and spam free.
Next Meeting February 20, 7PM:
- At: Symantec Offices
- 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- Note the change in date, due to RSA
Speaker: iMan Louis
- Abstract: Secure Password Storage Practices
(or Why "Hashing + Salting != Secure Passwords")
Many web applications require passwords that are hard for users to remember, cumbersome to type, yet easy for hackers to crack. With affordable, lightning-fast hardware aiding hackers, we have recently seen a number of large organizations in the news for user-password security failures. Join us as we discuss common attacks on password lists/tables as well as some password storage practices that can make any cracking attempts not worth the attackers’ time.
- Bio: iMan Louis
iMan is a Senior Consultant with Cigital Inc., where he conducts security code reviews, ethical hacking, and web application security assessments for some of the largest global corporations. He has also developed courseware for Cigital's Defensive Programming course series and delivered instructor-led training for many years. He brings 12 years of experience in software development and application security. iMan has recently moved from San Francisco to the Greater L.A. area and is looking forward to being an active member of our L.A. OWASP chapter.
Sponsors: Arxan Technologies and Cigital
Sharing thought leadership & best practices on mobile apps security.
MOBILE APPLICATION PROTECTION Application Security for Digital Media, Enterprise, Financial Institutions, Gaming, Software Publishers and more.
WORLD LEADER IN PROTECTING THE APP ECONOMY Security for Mobile, Desktop, Embedded and Server Applications.
ACTIVE CONTENT PROTECTION TO SECURE PREMIUM CONTENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA APPLICATIONS
ANTI-TAMPER, ANTI-PIRACY SOFTWARE PROTECTION Prevent lost revenue and compromise of intellectual property from hacker attacks in global markets
The world’s largest consulting firm specializing in software security
Cigital, Inc is the global leader in helping organizations design, build, and maintain secure software. Our unique expertise, technologies, and training services are a culmination of over twenty years of research and thousands of successful software security consulting engagements at leading public and private organizations throughout the world.
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
- ISSA Los Angeles Monthly Meeting
Special Discount for OWASP Members WEDNESDAY, Feb 20, 2013 11:30 AM - 1:45 PM at Les Freres Taix French Restaurant 1911 West Sunset Blvd., LA, Ca 90026 (213) 484-1265 issala.org
- Early Bird Registration now open for the ISSA LA Security Summit May 21 at the Universal City Hilton
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
Volunteer OWASP Leaders: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org