- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
- 2.2 If you are unable to access Meetup from your work computer as a result of filtering of social sites, we recommend that you view it on your smart phone or via your personal computer.
- 3 Next Meeting January 23, 7PM:
- 4 Speaker: Jim Manico from Whitehat Security
- 5 Sponsor: Whitehat Security
- 6 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 7 Other Events
- 8 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 9 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-70 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
- Change in Leadership
Tin Zaw has been a strong and effective visionary President and Leader for OWASP Los Angeles for several years. He will remain an active member of the Board, but effective January 1, 2013, Tin will be stepping down as Leader. Richard Greenberg -- Current Board Member, will assume this role going forward. We give our thanks to Tin for his efforts and dedication and look forward to the new year under Richard's leadership.
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
- OWASP Mailing List
Sign up for the OWASP Los Angeles mailing list, very low volume and spam free.
Next Meeting January 23, 7PM:
- At: Symantec Offices
- 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Speaker: Jim Manico from Whitehat Security
- Abstract: Top Ten Web Defenses
We cannot “firewall” or “patch” our way to secure websites. In the past, security professionals thought firewalls, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), patching, and privacy policies were enough. Today, however, these methods are outdated and ineffective, as attacks on prominent, well-protected websites are occurring every day. Website developers must learn to code in a secure fashion to have any chance of providing organizations with proper defenses in the current threat-scape. The session will provide specific tips and guidelines to make website code both low risk and less vulnerable.
- Bio: Jim Manico
Jim is the VP of Security Architecture for WhiteHat Security. Jim is also the host of the OWASP Podcast Series, is the committee chair of the OWASP Connections Committee, is the project manager of the OWASP Cheatsheet series, and is a significant contributor to several additional OWASP projects. Jim provides secure coding and developer awareness training for WhiteHat Security using his 8+ years of experience delivering developer-training courses for SANS, Aspect Security and others. He brings 16 years of database-driven Web software development and analysis experience to WhiteHat and OWASP as well. Jim works on the beautiful island of Kauai, Hawaii where he lives with his wife Tracey.
Sponsor: Whitehat Security
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Santa Clara, California, WhiteHat Security provides end-to-end solutions for Web security. The company's cloud technology platform and leading security engineers turn verified security intelligence into actionable insights for customers. Through a combination of core products and strategic partnerships, WhiteHat Security provides complete Web security at a scale unmatched in the industry. WhiteHat Sentinel, the company's flagship product line, manages thousands of websites -- including sites in the most regulated industries as well as top ecommerce, finance and healthcare companies.
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Tin Zaw. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
- ISSA Los Angeles Monthly Meeting
Special Discount for OWASP Members WEDNESDAY, Feb 20, 2013 11:30 AM - 1:45 PM at Les Freres Taix French Restaurant 1911 West Sunset Blvd., LA, Ca 90026 (213) 484-1265 issala.org
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
Volunteer OWASP Leaders: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org