- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Next Meeting October 29, 2012:
- 4 Speaker: Dan Tentler
- 5 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 6 Other Events
- 7 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 8 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Sponsors and Supporters Donate Here:
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-70 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Sign up for OWASP Los Angeles mailing list, very low volume and spam free.
Next Meeting October 29, 2012:
- At: Symantec Offices
- 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Speaker: Dan Tentler
Carpe Datum: Drinking from the espresso firehose we know as Shodan
Have you ever stayed up until 5am fiendishly digging around on shodan? I have. More times than I care to admit. I’m starting to find patterns. Shodan is genius. It’s a glorious search engine that catalogs the banners from TCP connections on several ports – for the entire IPV4 internet. This makes for some bodacious late night reading. The findings, on the other hand, are in a lot of cases most heinous. SCADA, Power company networks and controls, thousands of webcams, weed growrooms, .gov/.mil border routers and sharepoint systems. It’s a little overwhelming. I decided to sift it all through a strainer to make it easier to take in. So I wrote a scraper script and a viewer to better parse the results! Come with me on an excellent adventure – but without Bill or Ted – more like the haunted mansion ride, except all the ghosts and spooks are systems or cameras left wide open on the internet. Did you know you could telnet into hydrogen fuel cells? Neither did I!
Dan Tentler: You know that guy that gets paid to be the bad guy? That's Dan. He's got a mixed bag of previous experiences. Ask him about it over some scotch!
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/85019852/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Tin Zaw. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
- HIMSS Privacy and Security Forum
- Special Discount for OWASP Members
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM at THE CALIFORNIA ENDOWMENT 1000 North Alameda St., LA, CA 90012 Free Parking
- To view full program agenda, go to http://bit.ly/RoL9ZZ
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Tin Zaw -- Chapter Leader and President
- Richard Greenberg -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
Volunteer OWASP Leaders: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org