- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 Mark Your Calendars: OWASP AppSec California Summit January 27-28, 2014-
- 2.2 Los Angeles OWASP Chapter Board Nominated for Best Chapter Leader
- 2.3 OWASP Los Angeles nominated for BEST CHAPTER LEADER
- 3 Become an OWASP Member TODAY
- 4 Next Meeting: OWASP Monthly Meeting - Wednesday 7pm, November 6, 2013, Symantec Offices, Culver City, CA
- 5 Sponsor: Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- 6 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 7 Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- 8 Other Events
- 9 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 10 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
We have been nominated for the 2013 Global WASPY Awards, and are humbled to share this honor with the leading web application security professionals in the world. Join OWASP and become a member and show your support by casting your vote!
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
**NOTE: New Date for this meeting**
Next Meeting: OWASP Monthly Meeting - Wednesday 7pm, November 6, 2013, Symantec Offices, Culver City, CA
Speaker: Ben Walther
Ben Walther is a security engineer, with a background consulting and teaching for Symantec, Cigital, and within higher education. He is the co-author of the Web Security Testing Cookbook and an active contributor to OWASP projects.
Topic: Whiz, Bang, ZAP! An introduction to OWASP's Zed Attack Proxy.
The OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) is "an easy to use integrated penetration testing tool for finding vulnerabilities in web applications." The technology is comparable to IBM AppScan and HP WebInspect - but free, open source and maintained by OWASP volunteers. The project has seen a tremendous amount of development lately. Learn about the tool, what it can do for you, and optionally bring your laptop to follow along as we use it to test some (purposefully insecure) web applications.
Sponsor: Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (www.checkpoint.com), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, provides customers with uncompromised protection against all types of threats, reduces security complexity and lowers total cost of ownership. Check Point first pioneered the industry with FireWall-1 and its patented stateful inspection technology. Today, Check Point continues to develop new innovations based on the Software Blade Architecture, providing customers with flexible and simple solutions that can be fully customized to meet the exact security needs of any organization. Check Point is the only vendor to go beyond technology and define security as a business process. Check Point 3D Security uniquely combines policy, people and enforcement for greater protection of information assets and helps organizations implement a blueprint for security that aligns with business needs. Customers include tens of thousands of organizations of all sizes, including all Fortune and Global 100 companies. Check Point's award-winning ZoneAlarm solutions protect millions of consumers from hackers, spyware and identity theft.
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg OR Stuart Schwartz. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
Upcoming OWASP Meetings
October --> OWASP Monthly Meeting - re-scheduled to November meeting.
November --> OWASP Monthly Meeting - Wednesday 7pm, November 6, 2013: **NOTE: New Date for this meeting
December --> Final OWASP Meeting of 2013, Networking Celebration - Wednesday 6pm, December 18, 2013 - Daily Grill - Downtown LA
Topic: Using Hackers’ Own Methods & Tools to Defeat Persistent Adversaries
Speaker: Michael Davis, CounterTack’s CTO
- 4th Annual Privacy & Security Forum - Hoag Hospital Newport Beach - Friday, December 4th, 2013 9am - 3:45 pm
AppSec USA is a world-class software security conference for technologists, auditors, risk managers, and entrepreneurs, gathering the world's top practitioner, to share the latest research and practices.
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
Volunteers: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
Volunteer OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org