- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 Mark Your Calendars: OWASP AppSec California Summit January 27-28, 2014-
- 2.2 Los Angeles OWASP Chapter Board Nominated for Best Chapter Leader
- 2.3 OWASP Los Angeles nominated for BEST CHAPTER LEADER
- 3 Become an OWASP Member TODAY
- 4 Next Meeting OWASP-ISSA Joint Monthly Meeting- Wednesday September 18, 2013 7PM
- 5 Sponsor: Checkmarx and Trend Micro
- 6 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 7 Other Events
- 8 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 9 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
We have been nominated for the 2013 Global WASPY Awards, and are humbled to share this honor with the leading web application security professionals in the world. Join OWASP and become a member and show your support by casting your vote!
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
Next Meeting OWASP-ISSA Joint Monthly Meeting- Wednesday September 18, 2013 7PM
Speaker: Jerry Hoff
Whitehat Security, VP, Static Code Analysis Division; Managing Partner / Co-Founder, INFRARED SECURITY; Former Developer Security Consulting & FTE Across The Board; Over 10,000 Hours Delivering Technical Training; MS In Computer Science, Washington University
Topic: Demonstration of Common Web Vulnerabilities using WebGoat.NET
Developers cannot defend against unknown threats. Understanding vulnerabilities and security controls is an absolute necessity – not only for developers, but for Architects, QA and anyone else involved in the creation of software. This talk starts by making a strong argument for developer education, and how it fits into any organization’s SDLC. From there, we discuss other OWASP resources and projects dedicated to developer education, and an in-depth discussion of OWASP WebGoat.NET – an ASP.NET specific re-design of OWASP which meets the needs and addresses the challenges of modern application security training programs.
Sponsor: Checkmarx and Trend Micro
Checkmarx provides the best way for organizations to introduce security into their Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) which systematically eliminates software risk.
The product enables developers and auditors to easily scan un-compiled / un-built code in all major coding languages and identify its security vulnerabilities.
Static Code Analysis (SCA) delivers security and the requirement of incorporating security into the software development lifecycle (SDLC). It is the only proven method to cover the entire code base and identify all the vulnerable areas in the software. In static code analysis the entire code base is abstracted and all code properties and code data-flows are exposed.
With Checkmarx's CxSuite, auditors and developers have immediate access to the code analysis results and remediation advice. We provide user friendly, high productivity, flexible and accurate risk intelligence platform that ensures your application remains hacker-proof.
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg OR Stuart Schwartz. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
AppSec USA is a world-class software security conference for technologists, auditors, risk managers, and entrepreneurs, gathering the world's top practitioner, to share the latest research and practices.
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
Volunteers: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
Volunteer OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org