Difference between revisions of "Los Angeles"
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
== '''Sponsor: Contrast Security'''==
== '''Sponsor: Contrast Security'''==
[[Image:.jpg | 100px |thumb|center|link=http://www1.contrastsecurity.com/]]
Revision as of 15:46, 28 March 2014
- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 OWASP Los Angeles received the BEST Chapter Leaders award at AppSec USA NY
- 3 Become an OWASP Member TODAY
- 4 2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
- 5 Next OWASP Meeting
- 6 7pm April 23, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- 7 Sponsor: Contrast Security
- 8 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 9 Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- 10 Other Events
- 11 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 12 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
Next OWASP Meeting
**NOTE: Date for this event **
7pm April 23, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Topic: Stop Chasing Vulnerabilities – Getting Started with Continuous Application Security
For too long, application security has been “experts-only” and practiced one-app-at-a-time. But modern software development, both technology and process, is mostly incompatible with this old approach and legacy appsec tools. Software development has been transformed by practices like Continuous Integration and Continuous Integration, and the time has come to bring these efficiencies to security. In this talk, Jeff will show you how you can transition to a “Continuous Application Security” approach that generates assurance automatically across an entire application security portfolio. Jeff will demonstrate how both open-source and commercial tools (including OWASP ZAP, Mozilla’s Minion, Gauntlt, and others) can be integrated to provide a comprehensive real time application security dashboard. With this approach, we can leverage the power of big data analytics to gain unprecedented insight into enterprise application security and finally focus on enterprise application security strategy rather than simply chasing the next XSS.
Speaker: Jeff Williams
Jeff Williams has over 20 years of experience in software development and security. Jeff is a founder and CTO of Contrast Security, offering a revolutionary application security technology that accurately identifies vulnerabilities at portfolio scale without requiring experts. Prior to founding Contrast, Jeff was a founder and CEO at Aspect Security. In addition, Jeff helped found the OWASP Foundation where he served as the Global Chair for 8 years and created many open-source standards, tools, libraries, and guidelines – including the OWASP Top Ten.
Sponsor: Contrast Security
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg OR Stuart Schwartz. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- March 19, 2014: Joint Dinner Meeting with ISSA
- April 23, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- ISSA-LA February 19, 2014 lunch meeting at Taix French Restaurant - Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:30am - 1:45pm
- Topic: Defending against the largest DDoS attack in history and recent trends in DDoS
- Speaker: Matthew Prince – CEO, CloudFlare
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
- Mike Francis -- Board Member
- Dave W. -- Board Member
Volunteers: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org