Difference between revisions of "Los Angeles"
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 10:34, 11 March 2014
- 1 Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
- 2 Announcements
- 2.1 OWASP Los Angeles received the BEST Chapter Leaders award at AppSec USA NY
- 3 Become an OWASP Member TODAY
- 4 2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
- 5 Next OWASP Meeting
- 6 7pm March xx, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- 7 Sponsor: AUTHENTIC8
- 8 Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
- 9 Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- 10 Other Events
- 11 Archives of Previous Meetings
- 12 Los Angeles Chapter
Welcome to the Los Angeles Chapter!
Single Meeting Supporter: Organizations that wish to support the OWASP Los Angeles Chapter with a 100% tax deductible donation enable the OWASP Foundation to continue its mission
Get the following benefits::
- Meet upwards of 60-90 potential new clients - Be recognized as a local supporter by posting your company logo on the local chapter page and on our Meetup site(Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi) - Have your marketing write-up included in e-mail blasts sent prior to a monthly meeting. - Have a table at local chapter meeting - Promote your products and services - Bring a raffle prize to gather business cards
Contact us #Los Angeles Chapter for general questions relating to sponsorship and donations
We are on Meetup. Please join our community there.
Become an OWASP Member TODAY
Support your LA Chapter: only $50 for the entire year!
2013 December Holiday Party at Daily Grill in LA
Next OWASP Meeting
**NOTE: Date for this event **
7pm March xx, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Speaker: D0n Quix0te
D0n Quix0te is the author and creator of OMENS. He has more than 25 years of experience in architecting, installing, maintaining, and defending high value targets. And has been involved in the response and analysis of both small and high profile security incidents.
At some point, either through exploit or user misstep, you lose control of your important data. Authentic8 puts you back in control by delivering the browser as a service where it is secured and managed on our servers. Users get a secure web experience from any computer, and your policies remain intact regardless of how and from where they’re connecting. Authentic8 insulates users from malware, encrypts all your data, and gives your business a central point of command and control for all your web applications. Authentic8, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, California. Learn more at http://www.authentic8.com/
Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Los-Angeles/events/
Would you like to speak at an OWASP Los Angeles Meeting?
Call for Papers (CFP) is NOW OPEN. To speak at upcoming OWASP Los Angeles meetings please submit your BIO and talk abstract via email to Richard Greenberg OR Stuart Schwartz. The talk must be vendor neutral and its content be available under Creative Common 3.0 license.
Upcoming OWASP Meetings
- March 19, 2014: Joint Dinner Meeting with ISSA
- April 23, 2014 at Symantec offices, 900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
- ISSA-LA February 19, 2014 lunch meeting at Taix French Restaurant - Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:30am - 1:45pm
- Topic: Defending against the largest DDoS attack in history and recent trends in DDoS
- Speaker: Matthew Prince – CEO, CloudFlare
Archives of Previous Meetings
Los Angeles Chapter
- Richard Greenberg -- Chapter Leader and President
- Tin Zaw -- Board Member
- Edward Bonver -- Board Member
- Kelly Fitzgerald -- Board Member
- Stuart Schwartz -- Board Member
- Mike Francis -- Board Member
- Dave W. -- Board Member
Volunteers: Yev Avidon and Mikhael Felker
OWASP Wiki: Mike Francis
The Los Angeles chapter was founded by Cassio Goldschmidt.
The AppSec USA 2010 conference received rave reviews. Thanks to all the volunteers and great speakers who helped make it a success!
Web archive: http://2010.AppSecUSA.org