Lonestar Application Security Conference 2010
UC Irvine Conference Center | [http:// Registration Link (Coming soon)]
| style="width: 110px; font-size: 95%; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" | |}
Call for Papers/Training
OWASP is currently soliciting papers and training curriculum for the OWASP AppSec USA, California 2010 Conference that will take place at the UC Irvine Conference Center in beautiful Orange County, CA on September 7th through 10th of 2010. There will be training courses on September 7th and 8th, followed by plenary sessions on the 9th and 10th with each day having at least three tracks. AppSec USA may also have BOF (Birds of Feathers, an informal adhoc meeting), break out, or speed talks in addition to the standard schedule depending on the submissions we receive.
We are seeking people and organizations that want to present on any of the following topics (in no particular order):
- Business Risks with Application Security. - Starting and Managing Secure Development Lifecycle Programs. - Web Services-, XML- and Application Security. - Metrics for Application Security. - Application Threat Modeling. - Hands-on Source Code Review. - Web Application Security Testing. - OWASP Tools and Projects. - Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET). - Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage - Web Application Security countermeasures - Technology specific presentations on security such as AJAX, XML, etc. - Anything else relating to OWASP and Application Security.
To make a submission you must include :
- Presenter(s) name(s) - Presenter(s) Email and/or Phone number(s) - Presenter(s) bio(s) - Title - Abstract - Any supporting research/tools (will not be released outside of CFP committee)
Optional: a link to a presentation video.
Submission deadline is June 30th at 12PM PST (GMT -8) Submit Proposals to: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=appsec2010 Conference Website: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSec_US_2010,_CA
Please forward to all interested practitioners and colleagues.
Registration Now Open!
OWASP Membership ($50 annual membership fee) gets you a discount of $50.
|$375 Until 7/15/2010||Non-Members||After 7/15/2010 - $445|
|$325 Until 7/15/2010||OWASP Members||After 7/15/2010 - $395|
|$250||Students with valid Student ID|
|$375 Until 7/15/2010||New Registration Option! Become an OWASP Member and attend the event!|
|$TBD||2-Day Training Course|
|$TBD||1-Day Training Course|
Who Should Attend AppSec USA 2010:
- Application Developers
- Application Testers and Quality Assurance
- Application Project Management and Staff
- Chief Information Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Deputies, Associates and Staff
- Chief Financial Officers, Auditors, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Oversight and Compliance
- Security Managers and Staff
- Executives, Managers, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Governance
- IT Professionals Interesting in Improving IT Security
For student discount, attendees must present proof of enrollment when picking up your badge.
We will take all the help we can get to pull off the best Web Application Security Conference of the year! Volunteers get free admission and invitation to the VIP event. This is your chance to rub elbows with the big players and mingle with potential networking contacts or even future employers!
Please contact neil(at)owasp.org to volunteer for a specific area:
- Speakers and Trainers
More opportunities and areas will be added as time goes on. Our File:Volunteer Sheet.doc can be downloaded which outlines some of the responsibilities and available positions. Note: this document references the the DC conference last year, this is just for a general guideline. Updated document coming soon.
UC Irvine Conference Center Center
AppSec USA 20010 will be taking place at the UC Irvine Conference Center in Irvine, CA.
We have reached a deal with Hyatt Regency of Irvine. The standard room rate will be $109. The hotel will be offering a shuttle service to and from both the UC Irvine campus as well as the John Wayne Airport!
Space is limited so be sure to book sooner than later. Please use this link to reserve a room https://resweb.passkey.com/go/owasp2010
UC Irvine also has special arrangements not related to this conference here
We are currently soliciting sponsors for the AppSec US 2010 Conference. Please refer to our List of Sponsorship Opportunities
Please contact Kate Hartmann for more information.
Slots are going fast so contact us to sponsor today!