Difference between revisions of "Lonestar Application Security Conference 2010"
|Line 198:||Line 198:|
== Silver Sponsors ==
== Silver Sponsors ==
Revision as of 03:58, 15 August 2010
LASCON is happening on October 29th, 2010 in Austin, TX
Call for Papers
OWASP is currently soliciting papers for the Lonestar Application Security Conference (LASCON) 2010 that will take place at the Norris Conference Center in Austin, TX on October 29, 2010.
Submit Proposals to: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lascon2010
We are seeking people and organizations that want to present on any of the following topics (in no particular order):
- Business Risks with Application Security - Starting and Managing Secure Development Lifecycle Programs - Web Services and XML Application Security - Metrics for Application Security - Application Threat Modeling - Hands-on Source Code Review - Web Application Security Testing - OWASP Tools and Projects - Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET/Ruby) - Web Application Security countermeasures - Technology specific presentations on security such as AJAX, XML, etc - New Cutting-edge Application Security trends - Anything else relating to OWASP and Application Security
To make a submission you must include :
- Presenter(s) name(s) - Presenter(s) Email and/or Phone number(s) - Presenter(s) bio(s) - Title - One Page Abstract - Links to past presentations (if available) - Any supporting research/tools (will not be released outside of CFP committee)
Submission deadline is August 30th at 12PM PST (GMT -8)
Not everyone who submits a proposal will be able to get to present at LASCON due to limited timeslots. Also, in no way does sponsorship factor into the CFP committee's selection. Speaking slots are not for sale.
Submit Proposals to: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lascon2010 Conference Website: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Lonestar_Application_Security_Conference_2010
Please forward to all interested practitioners and colleagues.
Registration Is Now Open!
OWASP Membership ($50 annual membership fee) gets you a discount on registration.
|Non-Members||$100 Until 9/15/2010||$150 After 9/15/2010|
|OWASP Members||$50 Until 9/15/2010||$100 After 9/15/2010|
|Students with valid Student ID||$30 Until 9/15/2010||$50 After 9/15/2010|
Who Should Attend LASCON 2010:
- Application Developers
- Application Testers and Quality Assurance
- Application Project Management and Staff
- Chief Information Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Deputies, Associates and Staff
- Chief Financial Officers, Auditors, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Oversight and Compliance
- Security Managers and Staff
- Executives, Managers, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Governance
- IT Professionals Interesting in Improving IT Security
For student discount, you must present proof of current enrollment when picking up your badge. No exceptions.
We will take all the help we can get to pull off the best Web Application Security Conference of the year! Volunteers get free admission and invitation to the VIP event. This is your chance to rub elbows with the big players and mingle with potential networking contacts or even future employers!
Please contact james.wickett(at)ni.com to volunteer for a specific area:
- Speakers and Trainers
More opportunities and areas will be added as time goes on. Our File:Volunteer Sheet.doc can be downloaded which outlines some of the responsibilities and available positions. Note: this document references the the DC conference last year, this is just for a general guideline. Updated document coming soon.
Norris Conference Center
LASCON 2010 will be taking place at the Norris Conference Center in Austin, TX.
We are currently soliciting sponsors for the LASCON 2010 Conference. Please refer to our List of Sponsorship Opportunities
Please contact James Wickett for more information.
Slots are going fast so contact us to sponsor today!