|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|−|[http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/stan-olsen-auto.html automated neuropsychological assessment metrics | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new110.html pan asia bank sri lanka | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/error-1920service.html error 1920.service norton antivirus server] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/lpujl5mms.html africa people search south | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/j-b-auto-salvage.html auto air parts | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/nlp-training.html tickertek australia | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new4.html asian filipina lady pal pen | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/autoroll-654.html url] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/norton-antivirus.html kaspersky antivirus software | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/australia-next.html motorcycle finance australia | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/best-way-auto-care.html autotalker free runescape | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/australia-airfare.html australia airfare 999] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new172.html 001.html 120x600 fastc san southasianews.com | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/notron-antivirus.html avg antivirus update free | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/computer-associates.html grisofts avg antivirus | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/severe-droughts.html cheap australian web hosting | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/yoc3js17e.html wild coast accommodation south africa | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/bc7zse5ug.html africa available in job johannesburg south | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/norton-antivirus.html antivirus filtering | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/ru5u87lsh.html grow african violets | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/australia-stables.html australia stables] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new175.html asian development bank internship | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/autoroll-654.html top] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/remove-norton-antivirus.html avg vs avast antivirus | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new190.html mtvasia aid | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/k7b9qt4bf.html african american english uniqueness vernacular | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/automobile-computer.html auto body repair fresno | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/symantec-antivirus.html mcafee free antivirus downloads | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/yamaha-motorcycle.html australia travel visa map ebay | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/automotive-design.html automobile bumpers | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/australian-tea-trees.html greek orthodox archdiocese australia | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/celebrity-autograph.html arizona auto zone | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/panda-titanium.html panda titanium 2006 antivirus 5.00 00] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/mark-edmondson-australian.html digital tv forum australia | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/crack-panda.html trust antivirus download | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new158.html public opinion on euthanasia | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/automobile-promotion.html pharmacy dispensing automation | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new157.html asian sri lanka tsunami | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/norton-antivirus.html nortons antivirus software | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/norton-antivirus.html antivirus roundup | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/removing-norton.html panda antivirus titanium crack | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/automotive-repair.html david bowie autographs | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new74.html asian naturism | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new106.html asian free symbol | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/qtlusvqfk.html african american gift | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new63.html gutter asian street meat | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/antiviruscom.html antivirus.com avast] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/download-norton.html quickheal antivirus free download | |
|−|] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new182.html achondroplasia history] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/3l77ipk2f.html dive sites south africa | |
|−|] | |
|−|http://www.textorclirelli.com | |
| || |
Latest revision as of 13:28, 27 May 2009
- How to detect suspicious activities as soon as possible to reduce the impact of incidence or make prevention if possible.
- How to unify the log format and elements as well as the functions?
Security Administrator or independent party who has no access rights/accounts in the reviewed systems. You can't be an user administrator. At the same time, you review your activity everyday. However, if there is a resource limitation, you need another supervisor to authorize your log review.
It depends on the criticality (i.e. payment system, customer information, business secret, etc.) of the system labelled by the organization, logs could be reviewed ranging from minute, every day, weekly, monthly or even 3 months. In fact, log review is a kind of detective control and the preventive control is lacking. Log review will be the Goal Keeper and frequency is critical.
However, user account and authority list should be reviewed at least 3 to 6 months and never take a check ONLY when the audit cycle is coming
Log Review Tips
Critical systems require at least daily log review, however, what types of logs/activities should we pay attention to?
1. Consecutive login failure especially in non-office hour.
2. Login in non-office hour.
3. Authority change, addition and removal. Check them against with authorized application.
4. Any system administrator's activities
5. Any unknown workstation/server are plugged into the network?
6. Logs removal/log overwritten/log size is full
7. Pay more attention to the log reports after week-end and holiday
8. Any account unlocked/password reset by system administrators without authorized forms?
In fact, we are suffering various log format and standard from various systems even we are working in-house or act as a consultant. Why don't we produce a standard/guidelines to developer before they design the user administrative and audit trail functions to fulfill security control.
- Search - By date and time, by event type, by criticality, by account/user ID, by department
- Sorting - By date and time, by event type, by criticality, by account/user ID, by department
- Critical event is marked by "*"
- Log code and description table
- Highlighting system and user adminsitrator activities
- User ID and Name (Sometimes, event may involve the action from administrator)
- Activity Code, Type and Description
- Terminal IP address and Location
User Account List:-
- User Info - Name, Department, Role
- Account Creation Date/Time
- Current Authority and Role
- Account authority and information change history
- Show expired and inactive accounts (for example: 90 days)
Resources from Syslog.org
Best Practice and Tips from Syslog
- Logging Windows To Syslog Server
- Logging, Log File Rotation, and Syslog Tutorial