Life in the Clouds: a Service Provider's View
This presentation is designed to be a behind-the-scenes look at the security program, products, and features of a typical "clued-in" cloud provider and covers the following:
- The true meaning of DNS--"Does Not Scale" and one--off contract requirements
- How cloud providers approach compliance standards
- Why security certification for vendors is both right and wrong
- How security product management works in a cloud vendor world
- Cloud features that actually help you do your security job: APIs, managment interfaces, and scalability
- Uniquely cloud solutions to uniquely cloud security problems: CloudAudit, FedRAMP, built-in alerting, and more
Michael Smith serves as Akamai’s Security Evangelist and is the customer-facing ambassador from the Information Security Team, helping customers to understand both the internal security program and the unique security features and capabilities of the Akamai product portfolio and cloud-based solutions. Mr Smith fulfils a cross-functional role as a liaison between security, sales, product management, compliance, engineering, professional services, and marketing.
Prior to joining Akamai, Mr Smith served as an embedded security engineer, security officer for a managed service provider, and security assessment team lead. He is an adjunct professor for Carnegie Mellon University and teaches through the non-profit Potomac Forum.