Welcome to the Kolkata chapter homepage. The chapter leader is Krishnendu Paul.
You can reach us at OWASP Kolkata Chapter Website or For regular update, subscribe to our Facebook Group
Click here to join the local chapter mailing list.
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is and open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
1st Kolkata Chapter meeting held on 21st Dec'12
1. OWASP Kolkata Chapter Website finalization.
2. OWASP Kolkata Chapter Domain Booking
3. Event planning for the 2013 Q1
4. Finalization of the probable event sponsors.
Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings.
#GeekCon - Kolkata Chapter Organized a Meetup cum Conference to build local awareness and membership on Friday the 13th June, 2014.
1. Anatomy of a Real life Data Breach ( Ayan Bhandari )
2. An introduction to Cryptography ( Kislay Sinha )
3. Who we are - and Why we are ? *Us* - Intro by Krishnendu Paul
4. Cyber Crime and Your Rights ( Shivam Gupta )
5. Questions / Debates / Future Plans / Help session for Students and Wanna be Security Professionals.
7. Meetup with veteran IT Professionals & Entrepreneurs to learn the future prospect of IT Security Industry
#SillyCloud - An AWS Hands On Workshop. on 9th Aug, 2014. For more details - check our website.
1. Introduction to cloud concepts
2. Cloud advantages
3. Overview ofAWS main comonents : EC2, AMI, EBS, AUtoscaling, cloudwatch, ELB, S3, RDS, VPC, Security groups etc
4. Describe few Use cases
5. Getting hands on with AWS
a) Login in
b) Overview of console
c) Creating first EC2
d) Creating Win and Linux instance and then loggin into it
6. Deploying a LAMP stack from AMI and then use cloudwatch for monitoring and configure autoscaling
7. Security best practices
8. Create a 3 tier architecture in VPC+internet with VPN if possible
9. Talk about Cloud design principles ( If time permits )
b) Loose couple
d) Design for failure
#SillyAdda - A pure gossip/meetup/know-each-other for SillyCon Members . On 12th Oct, 2014. For more details - check our Facebook Group.
1. Introduction to the team
2. Future Event Planning
3. Idea Sharing
4. Anything I am missing...
Our members Participated at Infocom Hackstar 2.0 on 7th Dec, 2014 and ranked as 2nd runner-up.
1. Suman Kar
2. Rony Das
Guys - you are rock-star...
#SillyChilli - First Meetup of OWASP Kolkata 2015 ( 17th Jan, 2015 - 4PM-8PM ) with a Chilling Weather Outside. At Techno India Campus.
1. Complete Anonymity - Are You ? An intro to DNS Proxy - Chiranjit Mukherjee and Arup Kumar Das
2. Shivering facts and story of Sony after getting hacked - Ayan Bhandari
3. Live exploiting to demonstrate Vulnerability on a very well-known Security Site ( 0day ). - Krishnendu Paul
4. Windows 7 UAC bypass by CHM files - Krishnendu Paul
6. Publishing a new Stub Builder as Open Source - coded by Nilan Saha
7. Meeting with few industry veterans on Information Security Domain to know about Future Market.
And a hour long #SillyAdda come discussion session and networking session with some snacks
#LoveTheSilly - It's February, Love is on the air.
Let's meetup and show some love to our passion At Techno India Campus on 21th Feb, 2015 - 3PM-8PM .
1. "Ghost Buster" - A Discussion about Latest Ghost Vulnerability of glibc by Abhijit Chatterjee
2. Mobile App Penetration Testing or Developing Exploit using Python / Ruby Syed Reza Rizvi from TCS
3. PCI-DSS - Mandatory compliance ! But is it really secure ? Is our Credit Card Details really secured on these E-Com Era ? By Krishnendu Paul
4. Demonstration of End-to-End Encrypted Chat Application by Chiranjit Mukherjee and Arup Kumar Das ( The Dynamic Duo )
5. Introduction session with our new partners NASSCOM 10,000 Start-up. Ravi Ranjan from NASSCOM 10k discussed about the Technology Entrepreneurship opportunity with SillyCon members.
Check our FB page for event photos and discussion.
More update coming soon. For regular update, subscribe to our Facebook Group