Key Project Information:OWASP PCI Project
OWASP PCI Toolkit
OWASP PCI toolkit is an Open Source C# .NET Windows form project, that will help you to scope the PCI-DSS requirements for your System Components. Alpha version of this tool was released May 2014
The PCI toolkit is based on a decision tree assessment methodology, which helps you identify if your web applications are part of the PCI-DSS scope and how to apply the PCI-DSS requirements. By decomposing , one by one , you will be able to create an assessment and a final report of your scope delimitation and which OWASP guidelines must be used
OWASP PCI Toolkit is free to use. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license, so you can copy, distribute and transmit the work, and you can adapt it, and use it commercially, but all provided that you attribute the work and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
latest release: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcitoolkit/
Based on the PCI Scoping toolkit methodology: http://www.isaca.org/Groups/Professional-English/pci-compliance/GroupDocuments/OpenPCIScopingToolkit.pdf
News and Events
Understanding of security vulnerabilities as explained in the OWASP top ten or SANS Top 25 is essential for using properly this scoping tool. The tool helps to identify if the application falls within the PCI-DSS scope in order to become compliant however it is essential to identify if your organization has the necessary tools and know-how to be able to create a scope
- Knowledge of the most common security vulnerabilities in Web Applications
- Knowledge of penetration tests and tools as advised by the PCI security council (ASV vendors)
Please check the guideline at: https://sourceforge.net/p/pcitoolkit/wiki/Home/
What is PCI-DSS?
The PCI Security Standards Council offers robust and comprehensive standards and supporting materials to enhance payment card data security. These materials include a framework of specifications, tools, measurements and support resources to help organizations ensure the safe handling of cardholder information at every step. The keystone is the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), which provides an actionable framework for developing a robust payment card data security process -- including prevention, detection and appropriate reaction to security incidents.
How does the PCI toolkit work?
The toolkit helps you identify if the application falls into the PCI-DSS scope and the necessary measures that must be taken in order to become compliant. The tool by it self does not scan your application but it guides you on the available tools, guidelines and documents related to understand much better how to properly execute the scope and test the application against security vulnerabilities
What is the purpose of this tool?
The main purposes is to offer an interactive guideline on how to determine if a web application falls into the PCI-DSS scope. The PCI-DSS requirements do not specify which guidelines , tools or how to implement the requirements, this tool helps you understand how to do it.
A prototype of the tool was released in May 2014 -Alpha version 1.0 features
- Series of Questions and answers regarding the Web application to be analyzed
- For each application present in the environment to be analyzed,
- Analysis and report of Card Holder Data present
-Alpha version 1.1:
- Improved gridview
- Added more information to the analysis based on user selection of checkboxes data
- fixed some issues regarding the checkboxes validation
- Added questions for Development and Testing tab modules
- Gridview highlights selected questions
- added tips on how to verify to be able to respond the questions
Alpha Release 1.2 is Plan for End July 2014
- Analysis Report of Development Environment process and procedures
- Tips for better understanding of scoping questions and answers
Alpha Release 1.3 Plan for Begin November 2014
- Analysis Report of Testing Environment process and procedures
- Reports in PDF format
- Integration with OWASP OWFT and OWASP ZAP for preliminary analysis of web application vulnerabilities
Please email johanna[dot]curiel [at] owasp.org for feedback or submit issues at https://github.com/owaspjocur/OwaspPciToolkit/issues